MD ~ 2 Crabs need new home

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
jrizzutto

MD ~ 2 Crabs need new home

Post by jrizzutto » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Have 2 hermit crabs that need a new home
I have 2 hermit crabs that need a new home. Can anyone please provide me some info on how to find someone who will take them? I will give them my whole setup. I have a huge tank and I take good care of them. I do not want to just give them away to anyone. I want to make sure they go to a good home. ... I am willing to drive to drop off crabs. Please contact me at jrizzutto at verizon.net

VickieG

Re: MD ~ 2 Crabs need new home

Post by VickieG » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:24 pm

I'm not sure where in MD you're located, but I live in Harrisburg PA. I just upgraded to a 75 gal habitat and I have 5 PPs. One I've had for over 3 years, she's big and beautiful! The other 4, I just brought back from the beach about 6 wks ago so she wouldn't be lonely.

I lost one crab during a molt this past winter and another rather suddenly about 3 months ago. I'd gotten all 3 at the same time, Harriet, being the only one left, is healthy and very active.

I have one large, one is med sized, one small and 2 are tiny. I should have plenty of room to add yours to our family if we can figure out travel arrangements.

Let me know if you're interested and what other questions you might have of me. I've included photos of their new home, although moving day isn't until Sunday.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Topic author
jrizzutto

Post by jrizzutto » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:50 pm

OMG I am so sorry - I have already re-homed them!!! You have such a wonderful set up!!!! Thank you so much for reaching out! Good luck!! I am sure you will find some lucky hermit crabs to inhabit that awesome setup!!!!! Take care!!!

Klb

Post by Klb » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi so I live in Harrisburg PA. 2 years ago my daughter brought 2 hermit crabs home from senior week. I never allowed her to get them when she was little because I felt they shouldn’t be pets. So anyway she left for college. I have these 2 crabs who I try very hard to give a good home to but would love to rehome them with someone who is more knowledgeable. The one is active and the other is molting and today I accidentally disturbed it trying to clean up aquarium. I do my best to keep them in a nice habitat but honestly it’s more than I’d like to take care of. Their in an aquarium with sand, substrate, shells, climbing stuff, a little stick on heater. In the summer I keep them on a covered porch and they do their thing. I’ve been bringing them in and out (the aquarium) with the temp change but last winter when in the house they were not very active which Im sure is because of not ideal environment. VickieG would you be interested in adopting them? I clicked on this link because I wanted to see if people really respond to people looking for homes for their crabs and I noticed that you live in Harrisburg, your habitats are amazing and the person who had crabs already rehomed theirs. Please let me know!! Thank you

Klb

Post by Klb » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Sorry I didn’t realize I could contact the person directly. I didn’t mean to use your post. I will contact VickieG directly.