Washington DC ~ 6 pp need a home

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Mstaytay

Washington DC ~ 6 pp need a home

Post by Mstaytay » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:30 am

Hi all
My daughter rescued 6 pp from outside while walking home from school. She noticed a hot pink plastic tank (very small) on top of one of our neighbors trash can (that housed 6 pp). She was shocked to see all of the pp alive due to them being thrown out. She bought them home with the container and the multiple color gravel, but unfortunately we are unable to keep them due to the maintenance and requirement of the crabs. I have a really bad phobia when it comes to small insects. After doing my research I was able to buy the soil and salt water and provide the crabs with dechlorinated water. The crabs all look healthy and very active, I would love to find a home for these crabs before they start digging to shed their skin. I’m located in Washington DC and will be able to ship the pp out as soon as possible (no charge). Thank you

Gleasoce

Re: Washington DC ~ 6 pp need a home

Post by Gleasoce » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:22 am

How big are they? I might have someone who is interested, and I’ll be in DC this weekend

Topic author
Mstaytay

Post by Mstaytay » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Great
Two of them are medium size, two small, and two extra small ones. One of the extra small ones has lost it limb and it has buried itself in the substrate as of today.

Hermiencraboo

Post by Hermiencraboo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Omg. I feel so bad. I’m interested. Did you find a home for them yet. If not I’ll take them all. I live in North Jersey, could we meet half way? Contact me mfano15@gmail.com. Thanks. Maria