Hermies need a new home Twin Cities, Minnesota

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Jellybean!

Hermies need a new home Twin Cities, Minnesota

Post by Jellybean! » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Hello! I’m a long time hermit keeper, but have started a new job that keeps me VERY busy and I feel like my hermits could have a better owner than me who could give them better care. I love them dearly and hope that you will care for them in all their needs.

I have 15 purple pinchers that range in size from small to extra large. The oldest one I’ve had for ten and a half years now. Most are around that age, although I did add two small ones last August. There is only one extra large one. The rest are medium/large sized. They are all healthy. I do not have any mites.

If you adopt them, I would be willing to give everything to you. I have maybe 50-75 turbo shells in all different sizes. Lots of fake plants and food. There is also many coconuts to hide in, bridges to climb, and shower caddies to climb. I have two deep Tupperware containers for pools and a used 5gallon bucket full of InstantOcean to make saltwater with. I also have a heater that fits their 55 gallon (from that Bean website.. can’t remember the name) and bubblers for their pools.

I’m a little worried about the molters and how to get them to you. I don’t want to dig them up, so I hope it’s possible that maybe you could get my hermies over time if you live close by. If not, then that might have to be what I do.

The hermits are very healthy, I just don’t have the passion/time for them anymore. I love them dearly as pets and will only give them to a great home. If you’d like to see pictures of them they have an Instagram page: @jellyhermies

Thank you.
14 PPs
Follow my hermie instagram account: jellyhermies

Sweet Pea

Re: Hermies need a new home Twin Cities, Minnesota

Post by Sweet Pea » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:08 pm

I could take some of them in. I have a 225 gallon planted bioactive tank and have been keeping hermit crabs for ten years.

Armst466

Post by Armst466 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi, I would be interested in taking them. I am an Animal Science teacher and I have 1 crab that was gifted to me by a student over a year ago. So I am in the process of finding him some friends and expanding to a 55 gallon tank. I want to avoid the pet stores not sure where to find hermies until I found HCA. I am some what of a newbie, but I love to research and ask a lot of questions. My students are 7th-12th grade and this is part of their daily class work is researching habitats and understanding care of a variety of species! Currently my classroom houses 3 bearded dragons, 2 geckos, 3 red/black walking frogs, a russian tortoise, a map turtle, a Cumberland slider turtle, 2 dogs, a very obese cat that is on a diet, a water dragon,1 hermit crab, a bunny, and fish! So daily care is mandatory and everyone has a special student researched diet! I can guarantee a great home and an awesome chance to educate kids on hermit crabs!

Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:03 am

Armst466 wrote:Hi, I would be interested in taking them. I am an Animal Science teacher and I have 1 crab that was gifted to me by a student over a year ago. So I am in the process of finding him some friends and expanding to a 55 gallon tank. I want to avoid the pet stores not sure where to find hermies until I found HCA. I am some what of a newbie, but I love to research and ask a lot of questions. My students are 7th-12th grade and this is part of their daily class work is researching habitats and understanding care of a variety of species! Currently my classroom houses 3 bearded dragons, 2 geckos, 3 red/black walking frogs, a russian tortoise, a map turtle, a Cumberland slider turtle, 2 dogs, a very obese cat that is on a diet, a water dragon,1 hermit crab, a bunny, and fish! So daily care is mandatory and everyone has a special student researched diet! I can guarantee a great home and an awesome chance to educate kids on hermit crabs!
Do you have a picture of your hermit crab tank? I'm interested in what it would look like in a school setting. Don't you ever want to sneak back to work in the middle of the night to watch what the crabs are up to? Image

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

9 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Sharkboy, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"