Donations

Please Help us out by donating!

Your contribution help pay for hosting and other site maintenance!

Sub Menu
Search

Canadian adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Moderators (Senior), Moderators (Junior), Moderators (Standard)

Canadian adopters

PostAuthor: HCA Adoptions » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 am

Canadian Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.
HCA Adoptions

Re: Canadian adopters

PostAuthor: gunstreet.girl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 am

Hiya! Located in Gatineau, QC (just across the bridge from downtown Ottawa). Currently have 6-8 small to extra large PP dudes living in a 55G ExoTerra +24G topper, all rescues/surrenders taken in over the last 8 or so years.

Willing to take in small/medium hermies locally (currently without a vehicle, but willing to rent a car to travel a bit if it's a desperate situation).

LAST UPDATED: 27-Jun-18
Last edited by gunstreet.girl on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gunstreet.girl

PostAuthor: LadyJinglyJones » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:49 pm

I live in downtown Toronto, Ontario.

I've kept PPs for a little over a year now.

If you're nearby and need to rehome your crabs ASAP, PM me. I have 8 crabs (all secondhand crabs) in a 90 gal currently & can set up a 20 gal (short term housing) quickly for needy crabs.

I don't have a vehicle at my disposal, so I'm limited to places accessible via the glorious TTC (i.e. Scarborough, N. York & Etobicoke are doable... but Vaughn or deep Mississauga are harder for me to get to, and you'd have to meet me half way.)

If I can't keep them myself longterm, I may be able to help find someone who can.

PM any questions about tank setup & cetera.

Cheers!

Ps - sadly, I can not take in marine hermits - I don't have the equipment for a saltwater set up. :(

LAST UPDATED: 2018
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(
LadyJinglyJones
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostAuthor: summerlandab » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:12 am

Okanagan and Interior BC. Accepting hermits looking to relocate. Large tank probably getting larger and plenty of real food and a large selection of shells to try on for size and comfort.

LAST UPDATED: 01/24/18

summerlandab

PostAuthor: Teddscau » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi, I live in the Kawartha Lakes, Ontario. I'm willing to drive at least two hours to pick up hermit crabs. I'm looking to adopt marine (aquatic) hermit crabs (scarlet, blue legged, Halloween, zebra, etc.). I have a 90g, predator-free reef tank. I currently have 5 scarlet hermit crabs and a Halloween hermit crab. They're all extremely peaceful. I have a number of spare shells in the tank, and I also provide them with food (not just leftover scraps). The tank is fully mature, and I've kept terrestrial hermit crabs for two years now. Please PM me :).

LAST UPDATED: 05/13/18

Teddscau

PostAuthor: cencus121 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:44 am

CALGARY

I live in Calgary AB and I'm willing to travel is far as Aridrie how ever I my travel further if needed. I'm also willing to pay for shipping as well if needed.

All sizes and quantities of land hermit crabs are welcome. (including any sick or injured crabs)
I have a 120 gallon tank with a foot of substrate, deep pools, tons of climbing and hiding places, all environmental needs are accounted for. I've been caring for these guys for a little over two years now.
I do use some live plants however I have made sure that they are crab safe.

If you have any questions, concerns or matters involving please adoption please contact me at cencus121 at gmail.com and I will Respond as soon as possible

LAST UPDATED: 08/30/18

cencus121

PostAuthor: hermionethecrab » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am

MONTREAL

Hi

In Montreal, could travel to pick up a crab. Looking to adopt another crab. Around 1.5 yrs experience with them.

Thanks!

LAST UPDATED: 10/10/18

hermionethecrab

Return to Local Adopters