Florida Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

Florida Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:14 pm

Florida Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Florida Adopters

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am

COVERING VOLUSIA/SEMINOLE/ORANGE COUNTY

Hello! :butterfly:: I am an experienced and avid crab keeper! I live in-between Daytona and Orlando. I am willing to take adoptions and emergencies. You can either pm me through here, my store, or contact me via email at veggies4life at hotmail.com

I have a total of 3 tanks: two 75 gallon tanks with 50 gallon exo-terra toppers, and a 100 gallon tank with a 67 gallon exo-terra topper. I purchased 150 gallon tank to upgrade one of my 75 gallon tanks to when I have some free time! I have PPs, Es, Straws, a Ruggie, an Indo and a Lila. My crabs are fed a very wide range of fresh and dried foods. :) I have two modified hamster wheels in each of my tanks, and I also provide UVB for all of my crabs. I am hands off with my crabbies, and I do my best to provide the most natural environment as possible for them.

If you would like to see pictures of my crabitats, you can do so by visiting the "About" section of my store. Just click on the worldwide web symbol under my username to the right, or on my store link below in my signature. (V)!-!(V) Happy Crabbing!

LAST UPDATED: 07/04/19
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Crabloverflorida

Re: Florida Adopters

Post by Crabloverflorida » Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 am

SAINT CLOUD

Greetings
I have been a rescue member on here for several years. I am located in Central Fl.
Crabs that have been taken in are adopted out to schools and local experienced adopters. Some do remain with us and live the life in their luxury Crabitat.
If you need to ship, please follow appropriate shipping guidelines.
I prefer to meet locally if you can. And I have an office in Orlando that can be used as a drop off site.
Feel free to email me SchreckFiona at gmail.com. As my phone will not alert me to private messages.

LAST UPDATED: 06/30/18
Last edited by Crabloverflorida on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jlsolberg

Post by jlsolberg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 pm

ORLANDO

Hi! I'm looking to adopt a hermit crab. I currently have one very large PP in a 20 gallon tank with coconut fiber/sand substrate, fresh/salt water, a heater (not like we need it here often), lots of stuff to play with, etc. I have a second tank that's about 10 gallons that is currently backup. He needs a friend (maybe 2 if they're on the smaller side). I'm willing to drive an hour or so to pick them up, I would rather not ship them down here in the summer. Let me know if I can help out! Please email jennifersolberg2 at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 07/07/2019

Gir4farig

Post by Gir4farig » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am
COVERING VOLUSIA/SEMINOLE/ORANGE COUNTY

Hello! :butterfly:: I am an experienced and avid crab keeper! I live in-between Daytona and Orlando. I am willing to take adoptions and emergencies. You can either pm me through here, my store, or contact me via email at veggies4life at hotmail.com

I have a total of 3 tanks: two 75 gallon tanks with 50 gallon exo-terra toppers, and a 100 gallon tank with a 67 gallon exo-terra topper. I purchased 150 gallon tank to upgrade one of my 75 gallon tanks to when I have some free time! I have PPs, Es, Straws, a Ruggie, an Indo and a Lila. My crabs are fed a very wide range of fresh and dried foods. :) I have two modified hamster wheels in each of my tanks, and I also provide UVB for all of my crabs. I am hands off with my crabbies, and I do my best to provide the most natural environment as possible for them.

If you would like to see pictures of my crabitats, you can do so by visiting the "About" section of my store. Just click on the worldwide web symbol under my username to the right, or on my store link below in my signature. (V)!-!(V) Happy Crabbing!

LAST UPDATED: 07/04/19

I live in central florida. Im having a hard time maneuvering this page. I have hermit in need of a home. Please email me baileyralston962 at gmail

Gir4farig

Post by Gir4farig » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:45 pm

I live in central florida. Im having a hard time maneuvering this page. I have hermit in need of a home. Please email me baileyralston962 at gmail