MO, KS, OK, AR Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

MO, KS, OK, AR Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Tue May 04, 2004 10:54 pm

Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

Dukkie

Re: MO, KS, OK, AR Adopters

Post by Dukkie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm

MISSOURI

I live in Columbia, MO. I've have had hermies for 3 yrs. In that time they have grown so large I'm no longer able to adopt. My apologizes and good luck.

LAST UPDATED: 07/28/20
Last edited by Dukkie on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
Learning lots so 3 PPs can live happily ;) Dukkie (pronc dəkē)
Baba 9/17, Bearnie 10/17, Bernadette 3/18 -- RIP: Oona 2/3/18

Whitneylynn1990

Post by Whitneylynn1990 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 am

MISSOURI

Hi I am whitney. I am near Springfield missouri. I have a 75g hermie home and would love to adopt some hermies :)
I currently have 2 molting in my iso hermie home. Please email me at whitneylynn1990 @ gmail.com if you have any hermies you are willing to adopt out. I will travel up to 50 miles or so....

LAST UPDATED: 12/29/18

rml6f4

Post by rml6f4 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:49 pm

EAST-CENTRAL MISSOURI

Hello,

I live in East-Central Missouri (along I-44) and travel to Washington and St. Louis, Missouri regularly.

I have a 90 gallon tank with around 7 crabs, including Purple Pinchers, Ecuadorians, and a Strawberry Crab. I have had hermit crabs since 2014 and even went as far as attempting to raise Strawberry Crab babies at one point. I included a picture of my setup, please see my Instagram account for more pictures (@hermitworld). I have UVB lighting and a hygrotherm that keeps my temperature and humidity pretty much constant.

I’m willing to drive up to an hour, but would consider traveling further for any exotic species. Long shot, but I am particularly interested in finding species buddies for my Strawberry Crab. I’ve had him for over four years at this point.

Please message me on here to contact.

LAST UPDATED: 01/04/20

HermitCrabmomma616

Post by HermitCrabmomma616 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:26 pm

O'FALLON/WENTZVILLE, MISSOURI

Hi I live around O’Fallon/Wentzville area in Missouri I’m willing to drive though I have purple pinchers but I want a new species :) please message me if your willing to adopt out a species other than purple pinchers. I’m looking for tiny/small hermit crabs. I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance please email me @hermitcrabmomma61 AT gmail.com Thankyou :)

LAST UPDATED: 01/25/20
6 PPs: Minnie,bubbles,blossom,billy,Gary and rogu (from American dad lol) 1 GSD koda

avidreader4106

Post by avidreader4106 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:10 pm

JOPLIN, MO

Hello, I am looking to adopt hermit crabs. I currently have two ten gallon tanks and a twenty gallon long tank that I would like to add crabs to. I will have room for two crabs at the moment. I have done hours of research on proper crab care and do my best to give them good lives. I have had one of my first crabs recently complete it’s first molt with me successfully and has been doing great since coming up from the molt. I find hermit crabs to be fascinating creatures and hope to continue raising and caring for them for many years to come! I live near the Joplin, MO area, and would be willing to travel up to an hour to pick up. I would also be willing to pay for shipping costs. If you would like to bring them to me, I would be willing to consider reimbursing your gas mileage. :crabbigsmile:

LAST UPDATED: 02/19/20

Mrsshadyowl

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

Post by Mrsshadyowl » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:39 pm

TULSA, OK

I live near Tulsa Oklahoma, travel to Joplin Missouri regularly to visit family.
Would be willing to travel an hour or so from either location to meet.
A friend brought a hermit crab home from vacation as a gift. We had bought another from pet smart but it died. Haven't gotten another one yet.
We have a 50 gallon tank. We would love to add at least one more crab for our Stanley to not be alone, but would be willing to take more.

LAST UPDATED: 06/01/20

AlyVogt

Post by AlyVogt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:28 am

Hello! My name is Aly. I live in Pacific MO. I currently have a smaller crabitat than some people who house 8-10 crabs. However, I am definitely looking to expand my family. I have 2 purple pinchers right now, but I am looking for 1-2 more crabs to give some love to. I am willing to travel 1-1 1/2 hours for pick up and maybe more upon discussion. Email me for further information: alyvogt1931@gmail.com Thanks!