Hermies kitchen best all around foods?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
FSkerlak

Hermies kitchen best all around foods?

Post by FSkerlak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 pm

My pp aren't digging THCP Basic Diet at all for some reason, they like their worm castings and my food I leave out but won't touch the basic diet. So I was looking at Hermies Kitchen. Is there a similar product at Hermies kitchen to the THCP's basic diet? One or two products that will hit all their nutritional needs? There is just so much stuff at the Hermies kitchen is overwhelming lol. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

SR245

Re: Hermies kitchen best all around foods?

Post by SR245 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:23 pm

I've been using the Aye Aye Captain mix and my E's and Pp seem to like it. The dried minnows in the mix are a little thick though so you might want to break that up a bit more when you serve it. The only down side is that it makes the tank smell like a crab died. Theoretically that might be why they are attracted to it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:33 pm

I buy the Basic Diet from HCP, as well as a bunch of other things. They love the Wings and Things, Greens and Grains, Coral Kelp, and any of the fruit mixes!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

ha_haley

Post by ha_haley » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 pm

She has mason jar meals that hit every aspect of the food pyramid and you get to choose the protein that goes into it! I bought one for when I’m busy and don’t have time to pick out food, I just give a scoop or two from the mason jar and know they’re covered for a night.

I also like her half diet mix, eggs and bacon, octopus, tomatoes, the nut mix, and I don’t give a rats arse.

But other than the mason jar meals, I don’t believe she has anything that covers the entire food pyramid. The jars are great, but you do want to mix it up occasionally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk