Where to buy new shells ASAP?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
meghanj10

Where to buy new shells ASAP?

Post by meghanj10 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:44 am

Rasputin and Norman are jumbo PPs and they're at a serious deficit when it comes to a shell shop.
I've been trying to find some good natural shells online but they're all either sold out or >$10 in shipping. Both my babies are molting (I think: they're both burrowed), and I want them to have some good options when they resurface. Any ideas? :crabbigsmile:
MEGGY
Crabs: Rasputin and Norman
Betta: Dipper

crabby_D

Re: Where to buy new shells ASAP?

Post by crabby_D » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Almost every time I go into my local pet store, they have the larger turbo shells for sale in the "hermit crab" section. I notice, because they are always TOO large for my small and medium guys. :lol: We shop Petco, the chain, for supplies, so try there. You can try Michaels or a craft store, too. Good luck! :crabbigsmile:

singlemomwithcrab

Post by singlemomwithcrab » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Under shopping resources you will find links to either Mygann or Richards Shell's, both of which sell large shells and are trustworthy.
"Do or Do Not. There is no try"
50 PPs, 1 E

Krusty Krab

Post by Krusty Krab » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:20 pm

The hermit crab patch is getting new and larger turbo shells!! :banana:[/color]

CupidStunt

Post by CupidStunt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:52 pm

We visited the grandparents in Florida and visited the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs...and OMG - I went NUTS buying new shells! Beautiful green turbos for under $3!! I spent more on shells for my crabs than any other souvenir! :cloud9:

Not that helpful for your current situation. Maybe check Amazon with next day shipping?