Favorite Online Shops for Hermit Crab Food

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
parker_roo

Favorite Online Shops for Hermit Crab Food

Post by parker_roo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Hey everyone! So I have run into a little dilemma... I have been ordering from the Etsy shop, DeliciouslyCrabby. My crabs have loved their food, and it has been what I have been feeding them for quite sometime now. The issue is that I can no longer find this Etsy store, I believe it shut down. :cry: I am just about out of food, and I will have to make my own for a little bit, but does anyone have any favorite online stores to buy their food from? Or does anyone recommend any sites? I have ordered once or twice from the Hermit Crab Patch, but I am not sure if my crabs are quite as crazy about their food. But if you guys could please lead me in the right direction of where I should buy my food now, I would very much appreciate it! Thanks fellow crabbers!
***Let the crabby adventures begin!***

Nate the great

Re: Favorite Online Shops for Hermit Crab Food

Post by Nate the great » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:56 pm

My favorite shop has shut down. It offered custom food mixes.

My second favorite is:
http://www.hermitcrabpatch.com/
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:06 pm

We have a list of recommended vendors, I'll find the link. We are working on updating.

Hermies Kitchen, Claw of the Wild, Happy Hermies, Crabotanicals are all good stores.

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Mine LOVE everything from hermies kitchen! I got 30 samples to weed out favorites... I cant even tell what their favorites are because they scarf everything in the tank! Everything was packaged very nicely you can tell they put effort into every phase of the product... Any was here is what they sent.
Good Luck :D

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 pm

soilentgringa wrote:We have a list of recommended vendors, I'll find the link. We are working on updating.

Hermies Kitchen, Claw of the Wild, Happy Hermies, Crabotanicals are all good stores.
Thank you.

I had been wanting to add more variety.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:41 pm

soilentgringa wrote:We have a list of recommended vendors, I'll find the link. We are working on updating.

It looks like two of the sites you mention are no longer active.

We could really use that updated list.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:00 pm

Nate the great wrote:

@NatetheGreat Right now 4 of our mods/admins are out of pocket due to medical issues. I am currently adminning/modding both FB pages, this site, and coordinating adoptions, on top of being a single parent. Reading through every post to make sure no rules are being broken, responding to emergencies, and rehoming are taking priority at this time. We will update the list as soon as we are able.

Please be patient with those of us who willingly volunteer our time to help the thousands of people on this site and the FB pages. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep this site and the pages up and running.

Thank you all for understanding.

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:33 pm

We have been very happy with our orders from Crabotanicals, Hermies Kitchen, and the Hermit Crab Patch. Great variety with all three and the hermies seem to love them! Recently received the PP sampler pack from Hermies Kitchen - very neatly packaged. Also I believe Hermies Kitchen makes meals made to order? I will be trying that out soon!

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 pm

My crabs have enjoyed foods from HugsForHermits (ebay) and Alaska Hermit Crab. The latter has a variety of unusual items such as moose/sheep poop, Dungeness crab carapace, bee pollen and a nice dried leaf selection.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
parker_roo

Post by parker_roo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 pm

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Mine LOVE everything from hermies kitchen! I got 30 samples to weed out favorites... I cant even tell what their favorites are because they scarf everything in the tank! Everything was packaged very nicely you can tell they put effort into every phase of the product... Any was here is what they sent.

Thank you all for your advice! I think I'll try out hermies kitchen. I just need a place I can order food from that my crabs will love! I'll update you later on my order and how my crabs like the food.

Topic author
parker_roo

Post by parker_roo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:11 pm

soilentgringa wrote:
Nate the great wrote:

@NatetheGreat Right now 4 of our mods/admins are out of pocket due to medical issues. I am currently adminning/modding both FB pages, this site, and coordinating adoptions, on top of being a single parent. Reading through every post to make sure no rules are being broken, responding to emergencies, and rehoming are taking priority at this time. We will update the list as soon as we are able.

Please be patient with those of us who willingly volunteer our time to help the thousands of people on this site and the FB pages. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep this site and the pages up and running.

Thank you all for understanding.
And I want to thank you for helping with all of HCA's behind the scenes action! We really couldn't do it without you! There is in fact a lot of work that goes into the site and what you all do to help the members and our crabs can not be easy. So thank you again!

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:14 pm

I also need to add that stores on the recommended list have to meet certain criteria; which is why some have not yet been added.

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:49 am

parker_roo wrote:
KayedeeLove<3 wrote:Mine LOVE everything from hermies kitchen! I got 30 samples to weed out favorites... I cant even tell what their favorites are because they scarf everything in the tank! Everything was packaged very nicely you can tell they put effort into every phase of the product... Any was here is what they sent.

Thank you all for your advice! I think I'll try out hermies kitchen. I just need a place I can order food from that my crabs will love! I'll update you later on my order and how my crabs like the food.

;)

MindyMay

Post by MindyMay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:19 am

I'm new here but have had my 11 crabs for almost a year. I recently ordered from here and my crabs absolutely LOVED everything. Its the first time ever that the food dish was entirely empty in the morning :D

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheHungryHerm ... _shop_menu

annedow9

Post by annedow9 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:20 pm

parker_roo wrote:Hey everyone! So I have run into a little dilemma... I have been ordering from the Etsy shop, DeliciouslyCrabby. My crabs have loved their food, and it has been what I have been feeding them for quite sometime now. The issue is that I can no longer find this Etsy store, I believe it shut down. :cry: I am just about out of food, and I will have to make my own for a little bit, but does anyone have any favorite online stores to buy their food from? Or does anyone recommend any sites? I have ordered once or twice from the Hermit Crab Patch, but I am not sure if my crabs are quite as crazy about their food. But if you guys could please lead me in the right direction of where I should buy my food now, I would very much appreciate it! Thanks fellow crabbers!
isopodconnection.tictail.com has good food to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk