When Did Live Hermit Crabs Go Bad?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Lephantome92

When Did Live Hermit Crabs Go Bad?

Post by Lephantome92 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 am

See topic. I made the mistake of ordering from them about a month ago and have yet to hear anything from them, and this am going to cancel my order and have the charges reversed. But basically, when was the last time someone had a good experience with them?

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: When Did Live Hermit Crabs Go Bad?

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:09 am

I dont think in a while. No one I know of has due to all the massive bad experiences.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:48 am

4 or 5 years ago she switched to "pre-ordering" without informing people, where there crabs would come in once per year and the orders would have to wait until then to ship. People were getting crabs, but it was a 9 month wait in some cases. I don't think anyone has been able to contact her or received crabs in the last two years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

empress-trev

Post by empress-trev » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Lephantome92 wrote:See topic. I made the mistake of ordering from them about a month ago and have yet to hear anything from them, and this am going to cancel my order and have the charges reversed. But basically, when was the last time someone had a good experience with them?
I'm in the same situation as you. Ordered in early May, with the understanding that they would ship in "early summer". While I'm not upset that they haven't arrived yet, it bothers me that they haven't responded to my emails asking them to acknowledge that it's in process and give a ballpark idea of when I might expect them. They've obviously been to the website, seeing as they updates the headliner from "order now for pre-release" to "coming in soon"...

I too will likely cancel my order/have charges reversed. Very disappointing. :cry:
3 Es - Bella, Blue, and Little Teddy, plus a 20 year old Bengal named Luther

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 am

She used to do really good business when I ordered ~2010. Even sent extras! Second time I tried a couple years later, it was how it is now. Took a while to get my refund, she wouldn't respond, etc. Don't remember if I had to initiate through paypal or if she did it on her own free will. Very shady. Will never "pre-order" from there again.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

Topic author
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:44 pm

I'm not sure if she has the option to use PayPal anymore, so I had to go through my bank to initiate cancelling the order for a refund. It's quite a pity, as usually I try and support small businesses, but i guess this time bigger is better

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:35 am

Lephantome92 wrote:I'm not sure if she has the option to use PayPal anymore, so I had to go through my bank to initiate cancelling the order for a refund. It's quite a pity, as usually I try and support small businesses, but i guess this time bigger is better
We get adoptions all year long, especially in the late summer/early fall.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

empress-trev

Post by empress-trev » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:37 pm

I called my bank today to dispute my order to LHC. Next stop: Better Business Bureau report.

Wish it could have worked out, I really wanted to have Blueberries. Ah well. Guess I'll stick to my Eccies. :love::
3 Es - Bella, Blue, and Little Teddy, plus a 20 year old Bengal named Luther

tmharmon

Post by tmharmon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:51 am

I actually had the exact same thing happen to me. I placed an order in late summer of last year, and I never heard a word from them. I tried sending an email and no response. I think I waited about 2 months and finally disputed the charges through my bank. The bank did refund the money after they "investigated," but still a hassle and disappointment. Let me know if you have had better luck with someone else!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Wow! This place is still ripping people off?! :shock: :evil:

Topic author
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:28 am

Sadly, yeah

Hermiegirl68

Post by Hermiegirl68 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:33 am

Tried them and couldn't get my money back and never saw crabs! Place is a rip!

Topic author
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Hermiegirl68 wrote:Tried them and couldn't get my money back and never saw crabs! Place is a rip!
If you still have the emailed receipt, go to your bank. It's late, but they may be able to reverse the charges still. That's what I did and I got my money back