Anyone ordering LHC crabs for 12/14/11?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

TheGreenOne

Re: Anyone ordering LHC crabs for 12/14/11?

Post by TheGreenOne » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 am

I don't mean to intrude on this conversation but who and what is LCH
Yoshi
Bowser
Peek-a-Boo
Mallow
Tiny
Mini
Simba

My wonderful Purple Pincher Colony<3

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:01 pm

just wanted to add that I never asked for an free extra. I offered to pay both times and gladly would have. The ruggies were completely unexpected! And i'm kinda thinking I only got one indo and 3 blueberries
4 PPs: Hermie, Struder 2 Es: Ebert, E-wee, Edee, Ego
3 Violas: Monster, Charcoal, Devil. 2 Blueberries: Purples, Blues
5 Ruggies: Bug, Tug, Lug, Mud, Kirby. 1 Indo: Solo
4 Fish, 2 dogs, Woodlice, and 1 human child.

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:15 pm

I'll have to check your pictures again to see how many indos you have. It's confusing because yours are all so dark. Lol
I never asked for an extra either I asked to add it on and for her to let me know how I can add it to my credit card and she said she would add it on at no charge.
At this point zoey I think we have probably built up a good customer relationship with her (especially you apparently!!!) lol

LHC is livehermitcrabs.com. It's where you can order exotics. They also sell pps and Es but most people buy "hard to find" crabs from there.
Proud Mama to: 1 Human Son- Nevan
Furkids: 2 dogs- Arden, & Ella
Shell babies: 16 PPs, 5 Es, 2 Violas, 2 Indos, 3 Straws & 2 Blues

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Fate if I could I would happily give you one of my ruggies. But I'm not really comfortable with shipping crabs at this point. Are you coming to new orleans anytime soon? lol
Ironically after Fug's death I was ready to write off ruggies altogether. I've never had a molt go bad before, it is extermely depressing.

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Zoey you were really upset but he was your favorite. Hopefully one of your new ones can take that place now. After having such a rough week it's so nice to see that everything worked out!
My blue Kinley has eaten a bunch and since everyone else changes shells or is trying to (some of the straws have changed twice!) I put some shells around her. Things are looking better for her!! Since my indo is so tiny her BP looks really big compared to the rest of her. You really notice it.
After all your ruggie talk and seeing videos of how crazy they are on YouTube I really want some now. I really hope LHC gets some pinks in eventually too!

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Btw zoey you need to update your signature!!! Hehe

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:23 pm

yes i know! I need to update my signature and take more pictures! Problem is I don't have names for all the ruggies.
I love all my crabs, even Crabby, would be lying if I said Fug was my only favorite. My trouble maker Ebert is completely un-replaceable. But so was my grape lovin Fug. He was special in a need a helmet kinda way.
LHC lady had asked if i wanted to ship and told her yes because i was heart broke over my ruggie's death and i needed new little crabbies to cheer me up.

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:49 pm

How are everybody's crabs doing? Half of mine dug down and haven't really got to see them yet, 2 ruggies, the viola, and the maybe indo. Still haven't been able to find more than one indo. The 4 that didn't dig down right away have been up and down digging but seem pretty active. eatting and drinking, shell shopping, and what not. Especially the two blueberries. so far *knock on wood* it looks like everybody is going to make it. they are very crowded though and i think after christmas i'm seriously going to have to start looking for my larger tank since men suck and i'm tired of waiting on my free tank from mr unreliable.
i just looked and tons of activity right now in the tank. didn't want to look too closer to see if anyone new is up but only saw one set of indo eyes. he was nom noming in the food shell

NeviNuNu

Post by NeviNuNu » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Mine are doing well! No one is dug down. My lil blue Kinley is still here!! Yay! For a little I didn't think she would be. My other blue and crazy straw have buddied up and climb the cholla together and everyone seems to be enjoying the food. It must be a big change from what they got in the wild. Oh and everyone has changed shells (some twice) except for little Kinley. I really hope she keeps up the fight!!!!

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:32 pm

for a while i was doing good identifying crabs each one, but there was only 4 up lol. now 2 have changed back into green turbos and i think another crab came up in a green turbo and i'm so confused again. i try to limit the number of green turbos in the tank normally because of this. lol. but for right now we are running a little low on turbos in that size that i really have no choice. order way more turbos but who knows when those will come in.

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Just pulled all 8 out. 2 blueberries 1 viola 1 indo and 4 ruggies. so now i dont know if i was shorted a crab or if i threw it away. kinda upset

fate4003

Post by fate4003 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Well, I emailed lch yesterday. I asked the condition of the indos. I also asked if shipping to new mexico at this time of year will be a problem. If I hear back, I plan on ordering 2 ruggies, 2 indos and 2 blueberries. I'm excited....but worried she won't email back. :(

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk
18 crabs! PP'S (sammy, ignats, puffeley, doofenshmirtz, phineas, ferb, perry and squirmy) E'S (herman, lady bug, zo) RUGGIES (meep, major monogram and carl) BLUES (beauford and baljeet) INDOS (candace and isabella)
5 fish, 3 cats and a human kid.

Topic author
Zoeythelost

Post by Zoeythelost » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 pm

fate4003 wrote:Well, I emailed lch yesterday. I asked the condition of the indos. I also asked if shipping to new mexico at this time of year will be a problem. If I hear back, I plan on ordering 2 ruggies, 2 indos and 2 blueberries. I'm excited....but worried she won't email back. :(

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk
I really hope she does

Brooksrjones

Post by Brooksrjones » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 am

crap, well now i feel like a turd. ive been a lil frustrated with the lack of communication between the places i order stuff from online. so after my crabs were delayed another week i sent LHC a, not rude but stern email requesting at least an explination of the delay. reading all this im realizing how small an operation this lady in NY is running and feel a lil bad now. lol
"Tell the world you got crabs and your proud."
Me

Gary & Charlie
Rufus & Houdini
Socrates

ginapo

Post by ginapo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:35 am

Brooksrjones - I feel like she probably got quite a few of those emails this week. She responded to mine, apologizing and promising to ship my order next week, so yours will probably go out too.

fate4003 - I live in Colorado and had crabs shipped to me in early February two years ago, they were still warm when they arrived, and all were perky and relatively unstressed.
Crab mom for two happy years!