LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

AutumnHermie

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by AutumnHermie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:45 am

No number on the site, the only way I found I could get my money back was calling the credit card company and getting a refund.
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.

IMS08

Post by IMS08 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:09 pm

@OrangeGuy I would LOVE to see a picture of your mega-jumbo! "Wink, Wink"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Orangeguy

Post by Orangeguy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 am

IMS08 wrote:@OrangeGuy I would LOVE to see a picture of your mega-jumbo! "Wink, Wink"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

upload pictures online

screenshot windows

picture host

He is a bit crusty on his exo but he's a beast.

how to take a screen shot

and this Gal? I think haven't looked yet but I know I received 3 new strawberries and 2 are small and one is medium. This is the small one and these are my first hermit crabs other than PP's that I ever owned.
Also they don't have names any suggestions?

jennifer711983

Post by jennifer711983 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Those are great looking crabs!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:21 pm

This will probably turn out to be a mistake, but I have ordered crabs form this site.

Let's see how long it takes for them to arrive.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Nate the great wrote:This will probably turn out to be a mistake, but I have ordered crabs form this site.

Probably never. :(

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:41 am

soilentgringa wrote:
Nate the great wrote:This will probably turn out to be a mistake, but I have ordered crabs form this site.

How is it she's still excepting orders!?

I'm sorry Nate, but you'll likely never receive them and will need to file a claim to get your money back. Just like so many others who've posted here. :(

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:47 am

CallaLily wrote:
soilentgringa wrote:

I'm sorry Nate, but you'll likely never receive them and will need to file a claim to get your money back. Just like so many others who've posted here. :(
I honestly do not know what pact she made with what entity because this has gone on for the almost 2 years I've been here. How has she not been shut down? How has she not gone to jail by this time?

Anyway I am sorry that people continue to try to buy from her.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:53 am

soilentgringa wrote: I honestly do not know what pact she made with what entity because this has gone on for the almost 2 years I've been here. How has she not been shut down? How has she not gone to jail by this time?

Well, she has aussies (or at least claims to have them). I desperately want some, so I'm willing to take the risk. And I paid via Paypal, so I do have some protection.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm

soilentgringa wrote: I honestly do not know what pact she made with what entity because this has gone on for the almost 2 years I've been here. How has she not been shut down? How has she not gone to jail by this time?

I got curious so started googling.

F rating at BBB.

Which gives an address which links to a google search showing three business at that address, which is residential. A home funding business, a consulting business, and a chiropractor.

I then looked at the Suffolk County court records - neither Live Hermit Crabs nor the business listed above have business certificates at that address, but yet another two "natural product" companies do!

That is if the name is still registered to that person with the NY address. I seem to recall a gentleman owning the business and then made a big deal about he left and passed it along to a woman (who I found out through googling is his wife!) but I don't know if it got passed along yet another time to someone new. All the registration the business has is through that wife's information and address.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am

CallaLily wrote:
soilentgringa wrote:

I did get crabs from her three years ago, when she was only described as flaky.

When did she become completely unreliable?

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:04 am

They've had bad reviews for years (mostly very poor comunication) but I think things got really bad about a year-ish ago? I think. Crabs never being shipped, zero communucation, people filing claims to get their money back. You'd have to read back over all the posts. I also think there was talk that they were supposedly closing??

I think the Aussie crabs have been listed as "in stock" for some time. Seems to me she would often label species as "in stock" before her shipment had actually even arrived. So it's no guarantee that she has them.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:02 am

CallaLily wrote:They've had bad reviews for years (mostly very poor comunication) but I think things got really bad about a year-ish ago? I think. Crabs never being shipped, zero communucation, people filing claims to get their money back. You'd have to read back over all the posts. I also think there was talk that they were supposedly closing??

I think the Aussie crabs have been listed as "in stock" for some time. Seems to me she would often label species as "in stock" before her shipment had actually even arrived. So it's no guarantee that she has them.
I talked to 3 Aussie crabbers and admins on another group last night and they told me that it is almost impossible to export any animal out of Australia right now unless you've got special permits.

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:14 am

LHC does/did have Aussies. Several people here at the HCA got them from her. I got some from her a year ago. Other people/companies have imported Aussies to the US before her, as well.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:15 pm

sugarselections wrote:LHC does/did have Aussies. Several people here at the HCA got them from her. I got some from her a year ago. Other people/companies have imported Aussies to the US before her, as well.
I know Edis said he got his too but it was over a year after he placed his order that he recieved them. So yes, she does/did have them. But, from glancing over this thread, being listed as "in stock" doesn't seem to be any guarantee that she actually has them still/again.