LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

crabbienewb

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by crabbienewb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:30 am

Just updating.
my 6 blues are still all alive, everyone has molted except 1 who is molting now.
the 2 straws are also alive still and have molted.
got the crabs in july.

hermitcrab101

Post by hermitcrab101 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Not sure if anyones noticed, but I just looked at her site and it says that the aussies are now in stock. With her reputation though I'm not sure if there just being shipped to her or she a actually has them.

LightFlower

Post by LightFlower » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I see she has Es in stock and I really want some...Is it worth ordering them from her once March rolls around?
4 Purple Pinchers: Spiral, Violet, Cinnamon and Swirl

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:04 am

The Aussies have been showing as in stock for a while; has anyone heard of anyone actually getting any? Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere; it's 6am and I am sicky & too tired to look around,hh.

@coffee cup; how expensive was the shipping from Reptile City (not that I would risk having straws shipped this timeof year but I'd love some more)?
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 pm

This is so hard for me. I would love to order from that site and get a couple straws, blues, and violas if they were ever in. But I have heard so many negative things about the site. There are even videos on YouTube about it. She didn't send a Halloween crab in one. The packaging they come in worries me as well. Idk. It's so tough cause I would love some diff species but if I will never get them then that would be such a waste.

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:54 am

I just ordered some Aussies! I'll let you guys know how it goes! Fingers crossed :D

thermidor

Post by thermidor » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:05 am

Please do let us know. I ordered in September and finally got the money back from American Express a couple months ago. I can't believe the credit card companies even still let them accept cards with as many people getting defrauded. Yes the crabs are SO tempting but if you don't get them, like me, it turns into a big hassle :(

Wishing you luck!

EdisNiksic

Post by EdisNiksic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:15 pm

I ordered last year in March. Finally got them all three weeks ago. 3 strawberries, 3 indos, 4 ruggies, and 16 aussies.
Pyre Shep Nina,GSD Balotelli,30 Purple Pinchers,1 Red Foot Tortoise,1 Russian Tortoise,7 Rabbits,4 Ruggies,3 Indos,3 Strawberries,16 Aussies,1 Reeves Turtle,one 20 gal Mollie Tank,two 5 gal nano freshwater planted tanks with Bettas,one 29 Gal Freshwater Tank,2 Guppy/Mystery Snail breeder tanks

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Wow a whole years wait, did she at least communicate with you about your order?

EdisNiksic

Post by EdisNiksic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Yes she did. I didn't want them until August and by then the ones I ordered ran out so I had to wait until another shipment came.
Pyre Shep Nina,GSD Balotelli,30 Purple Pinchers,1 Red Foot Tortoise,1 Russian Tortoise,7 Rabbits,4 Ruggies,3 Indos,3 Strawberries,16 Aussies,1 Reeves Turtle,one 20 gal Mollie Tank,two 5 gal nano freshwater planted tanks with Bettas,one 29 Gal Freshwater Tank,2 Guppy/Mystery Snail breeder tanks

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 am

It's awesome you got them, I'm not sure if I would have the patiences to wait a full year with money suspended. They aren't cheap and the shipping isn't either. Huh so seeing as you have lots of diff species that you just received you would think that her order list wouldn't be out of stock on those species unless she had a huge amount that were kinda back orders for people waiting.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:27 am

rainbow_crab wrote:It's awesome you got them, I'm not sure if I would have the patiences to wait a full year with money suspended. They aren't cheap and the shipping isn't either. Huh so seeing as you have lots of diff species that you just received you would think that her order list wouldn't be out of stock on those species unless she had a huge amount that were kinda back orders for people waiting.
If you read back through this thread, LHC is notorious for not responding to any form of customer contact or inquiries and many people have asked for refunds and disputed charges. I understand not shipping due to availability, weather conditions, etc., but if you are going to operate a business it is imperative that you keep in contact with your customers, even if it is a 1-2 line email letting them know what's going on.

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:22 pm

soilentgringa wrote: If you read back through this thread, LHC is notorious for not responding to any form of customer contact or inquiries and many people have asked for refunds and disputed charges. I understand not shipping due to availability, weather conditions, etc., but if you are going to operate a business it is imperative that you keep in contact with your customers, even if it is a 1-2 line email letting them know what's going on.
I agree, this is one reason I haven't ordered from her, I have read a lot of bad reviews.

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:07 pm

jillybeans wrote:I just ordered some Aussies! I'll let you guys know how it goes! Fingers crossed :D
I ordered 4 medium Aussies and 4 small Ecuadorans today. I emailed her about ordering and shipping, she quoted me $38 shipping and said she's about two weeks behind. We'll see. I hope we both get our orders without too much delay. Good luck.

Lutterback

Post by Lutterback » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 pm

I wish I had known this a week ago. All the reviews I had found were that they were a good place to buy hermit crabs. We are only a week into "shipping within 2 weeks" on 2 E's. My children are anxiously waiting and run to the mailman every day. I hope we don't have to wait long as they saved and saved to pay the shipping and for equipment to have their own crabitat upstairs.