Cool Article!

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Topic author
aslansgirl89

Cool Article!

Post by aslansgirl89 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Look what just popped up on my Google newsfeed! I saw the title and immediately clicked on it and saw that it was about Mary! I may be a little bit behind the curve on this one but I wanted to share in case I wasn't!
https://theoutline.com/post/8116/hermit ... i=szuxnyml

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

crabbycasey

Re: Cool Article!

Post by crabbycasey » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:19 pm

Thank you for sharing! I had just kinda heard her name around here, but didn’t know much. Enjoyed the article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:53 am

Mary is a member here. Not only does she raise baby hermit crabs, she also is a publish writer and runs her pottery shop on Etsy! I honestly don't know how she does everything she does.

Several of us on here have some of her captive bred babies!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
aslansgirl89

Post by aslansgirl89 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:11 am

Motörcrab wrote:Mary is a member here. Not only does she raise baby hermit crabs, she also is a publish writer and runs her pottery shop on Etsy! I honestly don't know how she does everything she does.

Several of us on here have some of her captive bred babies!
Oh I know! That's why I was so excited that it was an article about her! I started reading and then was like, "Oh! She's the one in the hermit crab forum!" I have been following the captive breeding story closely because I think that it's awesome that in the future fewer hermits will be yanked out of the shells they are in and forced into the painted ones for some kid to lose interest in in a month. Unfortunately, the life of a hermit crab is a lot like the horse in the book Black Beauty, passed from owner to owner, treated terribly, until they find their forever home with someone who actually cares about their well-being.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk