Ecuadorian with eggs?!!

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Topic author
hermieluv1

Ecuadorian with eggs?!!

Post by hermieluv1 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:31 am

I was watching the crabs last night, and my one big Equadorian always sits in the corner, pulls himself (herself?!) partly out of the shell to clean with her cleaning appendage. I don't know why this process is so fascinating to watch, but I am always entranced by it!

So While watching last night, something back there just didn't look right. I couldn't see any part of her big, fat, white butt. When she came out a little farther, all I saw was darker (like almost gold in color) fluffy stuff. I almost started to get worried that she had something in there, like it was packed with sand. Then when I looked closer, I think she has eggs! I will try to get a picture tonight with my regular camera. The pic I took with my phone isn't detailed or close enough.

But, wow, if it is, I will be thrilled that I made a love nest, and sad, because they will not survive.

CallaLily

Re: Ecuadorian with eggs?!!

Post by CallaLily » Tue May 05, 2015 7:14 am

There are pictures of eggs in this thread so you know what to look for. If you can get a clear pic that would be awesome too. :D