Just sexed my 2 bigger hermits...

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Just sexed my 2 bigger hermits...

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 am

...and my big Beau really is a boy, yay! His rescue buddy Kaulder (I got the name from the movie The Last Witch Hunter), who I thought was a boy, is a girl haha! They are best friends, boyfriend and girlfriend now I guess. ImageI'm still keeping the boy name though. I'm sure she won't mind LOL.
(Picture: Beau's in the back, Kaulder in the front.)
I hardly see my 2 little ones. I named them both girl names. I'll try to sex them too if they ever pop up.ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Re: Just sexed my 2 bigger hermits...

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:21 am

PS- Since both crabs were so well behaved in letting me look them over, they each got a small piece of popcorn for a treat lol.

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Links

Post by Links » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:47 am

Watch out! You’ll have eggs in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:24 am

They are beautiful!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:36 am

I have never bothered to sex mine - Sonny and Cher may or may not be male and female, but I am sticking to the names, LOL!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:42 am

curlysister wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:36 am
I have never bothered to sex mine - Sonny and Cher may or may not be male and female, but I am sticking to the names, LOL!
I might attempt breeding when I'm older, but definitely not now. Also, can an E and a PP mate? My two have been really close lately. I haven't checked to see what genders they are, though.
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Links wrote:Watch out! You’ll have eggs in no time. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be so cool! I know I don't have the resources to raise babies, but it would be awesome just to see eggs. Image

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:39 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:They are beautiful!
Thank you!! Image

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:47 pm

curlysister wrote:I have never bothered to sex mine - Sonny and Cher may or may not be male and female, but I am sticking to the names, LOL!
I've had Beau for almost 8 years and never really knew if he was a boy or not. I was looking up hermit crab videos on YouTube last night and there was one on how to sex hermit crabs. So I decided to give it a try to see if the crabbies would pop out of their shells far enough for me too look. I couldn't believe they did! Probably trying to get away from me haha. But I'm with ya, Sonny and Cher are great names and I wouldn't change them either!! Image