Mites!!!

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author
CrabbyCakes

Re: Mites!!!

Post by CrabbyCakes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:37 pm

soilentgringa wrote:Looks like an E or a ruggie. How do you tell them apart. Do you have any info on breeding Rolly Pollies?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” ― Aldo Leopold

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:47 am

How to catch them.

They like about the same conditions as crabs. 75°F and mist every other day for humidity. Leaf litter, dried crickets, bits of fruit and veg, potato chunks are all good foods. Do not offer pools of water as they will drown. Substrate a few inches deep, EE and playsand, more EE than sand, plenty of sticks and pieces of wood to snack on.
Start off with about 20-25 and you'll have hundreds in a few weeks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Yay, concussion brain... I can't tell apart an E from a Ruggie at the moment...
I've messaged an experienced long time exotics owner to ask of they could chime in so you get an accurate ID. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:06 pm

My instinct immediately said rug, but I can't be 100% positive without a good frontal picture. Her anatomy, quality of color, and the look of her under-eye smudges seem more like a rug than an E to me.