ISO Isopods

For everything isopod - breeding, keeping, and as clean up crews. Also known as pill bugs and rolly-pollies!

Topic author
Hermie225

ISO Isopods

Post by Hermie225 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:18 am

Hi all I remember reading about a member here that sells Isopods, cannot for the life of me find the thread or remember who it was LOL. I could use a little clean up crew, the few I put in last year didn’t multiply like I had hoped they would. Thank you in advance!

AwesomeHermit

Re: ISO Isopods

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:24 am

You could also look for isopods. But a member that sells isopods here is @GotButterflies
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
Hermie225

Post by Hermie225 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 am

Unfortunately I don’t have a trusted place nearby anymore to find them in :( This year we had to use chemicals in our yard to ward off the millions of mosquitoes and gypsy moth caterpillars.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 am

I do not sell isopods ~ I give them away for free to all HCA members. All they have to do is pay for priority mail shipping, which is usually $7.60 I have Powder Blues, skirted, shiny. Mine were originally purchased from isopod connection. None of mine have been obtained from the wild.

Stella obtained a majority of his Isopods from me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermie225

Post by Hermie225 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Yay!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Just message me if you are interested :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:59 pm

AwesomeHermit wrote:You could also look for isopods. But a member that sells isopods here is @GotButterflies
I do not sell isopods - I give them away for free :)

piratetoothgir

Post by piratetoothgir » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:25 pm

GotButterflies wrote:I do not sell isopods ~ I give them away for free to all HCA members. All they have to do is pay for priority mail shipping, which is usually $7.60 I have Powder Blues, skirted, shiny. Mine were originally purchased from isopod connection. None of mine have been obtained from the wild.

Stella obtained a majority of his Isopods from me as well.

Please take note that I do not ship isopods which I obtained from you, because that would be wrong to “resell” them. I only ship out wild types :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

Ambulocetus

Post by Ambulocetus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:52 am

I'm also looking for isopods! Preferably dwarf. How would I go about purchasing some here?

Orin

Post by Orin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm sure I'm a bit late, but I have all sorts of different species from Titans (P. hoffmannseggi) to dwarfs like striped and and micropills to jungle micropods, thin (Haplopthalmus danica) and others. Send me a message if you're still looking for dwarfs.

Orin

Post by Orin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Image This is a common cage cleaner but it is a medium to large species and often gets eaten by the hermits. The adults of the various dwarfs are relatively miniscule. I need to get some more pics on the site. I put up this photo some time before 2006.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 am

Orin wrote:Image This is a common cage cleaner but it is a medium to large species and often gets eaten by the hermits. The adults of the various dwarfs are relatively miniscule. I need to get some more pics on the site. I put up this photo some time before 2006.
These are so pretty!

Have you seen the rubber ducky isopods from Thailand (iirc)?

Orin

Post by Orin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 pm

I don't think the rubber duckies look as neat as zebra isopods, peach nasatum, or some of the other inexpensive colored species but they do look very neat and I wouldn't mind getting some. They sell out at $20 for 1 tiny one. I wonder if they'll hold any value in a few years. For me the duckies don't hold a candle to giant beauties like expansus, titans, magnificus, bolivari, or a few others.