Worried

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
CrazyCrabman

Worried

Post by CrazyCrabman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

I bought some upgrades for my crabitat. As i don't live full time at my gf's i sent the stuff with her to put in the tank. The one thing i forgot to tell her was to not add anything if a crab is buried. She went home and added the upgrades (which required some digging). Now i am worried that because there was a crab down she may have inadvertently collapsed a cave or something. What should i do?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Worried

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:40 pm

CrazyCrabman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm
I bought some upgrades for my crabitat. As i don't live full time at my gf's i sent the stuff with her to put in the tank. The one thing i forgot to tell her was to not add anything if a crab is buried. She went home and added the upgrades (which required some digging). Now i am worried that because there was a crab down she may have inadvertently collapsed a cave or something. What should i do?

How deep is your substrate? Your crabs seem pretty small, so depending on how much the things weigh/how big they are, you might've collapsed a tunnel if they made one. Do you have a few pictures of the tank currently and the stuff you added?
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
CrazyCrabman

Post by CrazyCrabman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:47 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote: How deep is your substrate? Your crabs seem pretty small, so depending on how much the things weigh/how big they are, you might've collapsed a tunnel if they made one. Do you have a few pictures of the tank currently and the stuff you added?
Should I dig him out? My substrate is about 4-6 inches deep. We added a corner pool which is basically on the bottom of the tank and a sizable cave hidey hole. Both areas were dug gently with fingers.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm

CrazyCrabman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:47 pm
Should I dig him out? My substrate is about 4-6 inches deep. We added a corner pool which is basically on the bottom of the tank and a sizable cave hidey hole. Both areas were dug gently with fingers.

Does your girlfriend remember hitting anything? If she dug and he was there, she'd probably hit his shell. I would suggest letting him be.
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
CrazyCrabman

Post by CrazyCrabman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote: Does your girlfriend remember hitting anything? If she dug and he was there, she'd probably hit his shell. I would suggest letting him be.
She said she didn't feel anything.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 pm

CrazyCrabman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:52 pm
She said she didn't feel anything.

So you should be good! Don't worry too much. Hermies can get through some pretty crazy stuff, so I wouldn't worry :D

Topic author
CrazyCrabman

Post by CrazyCrabman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote: So you should be good! Don't worry too much. Hermies can get through some pretty crazy stuff, so I wouldn't worry :D
Thank you!

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 pm

CrazyCrabman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 pm
Thank you!

No problem! Happy to help :)