New indo owner few questions

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Drakezilla

Re: New indo owner few questions

Post by Drakezilla » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:13 am

Ryry wrote:I remember that! That's what I immediately thought of. Little crabby swamp butt, lol. I hope that's all it is!
I wonder if that's the crab equivalent to pruning fingers from being in the tub too long...or if it's just like taking a deep breath? Their anatomy is so crazy-- I have no idea.
-:- -:- -:- / / / -:- -:- -:-
Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ;
{ 01 } PP; Cᴀᴘ ( 10 /13/15 ) **Looking for a new home in Tampa, Florida**

Topic author
hermitcrab101

Post by hermitcrab101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:31 am

Ryry wrote: Like this?

This is Jockey. He was just airing out. :)
Yeah that looks like it. Thanks!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:44 am

When hanging out like that they could be: cleaning/adjusting their shell, be a bit too hot (which can be cause for concern), or in worst case be ill and weak. Double check temperature and humidity and keep a close eye on him just in case. Like Mom23 said, try not to handle him unless absolutely necessary. Give him time to adjust.

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 am

And give them yummy om nom noms. Lol. I love to spoil my crabs with different foods especially if I think they arnt feeling well.
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

Topic author
hermitcrab101

Post by hermitcrab101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:38 pm

It's been a day now and I haven't seen him do it again which is good. Right now he's sitting in a shallow hole he's dug. The temp right now is 80° and the humidity is 73% ( a little lower then usual). As for handling my crabs, I rarely Handle any of them at all especially any of them bigger them a golf ball.