3 new crabs....what will they be???

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
dinky

3 new crabs....what will they be???

Post by dinky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 pm

One of my friends who has a privately owned pet store called me a couple weeks ago to tell me she had 3 blueberry crabs coming in. I went down right away to get them and had a surprise. There were 2 viola's and 1 ruggie. I took all three and put the ruggie in with my E's, then set the viola's up in my 20 gallon tank. Must say that so far these 2 viola's are the opposite of everything I have read. They are out all day and into the evening and Little V likes to set on top of the big tree and just have me talk to him. Anyhow tomorrow I will be going down to pick up 3 MORE! Question is, will these crabbies be blueberries (which is what she ordered) or will I get more viola's or ruggies. Waiting to see. As bad as I would like blueberries, I must say I would like 2 or 3 more viola's as I would like to see how they react over the next few years.....trying to be patient, but not knowing what will be there has definitely got me going this evening so got on HCA so I can read other crabby articles and get my mind off of tomorrow (:
Happy owner of 10 pp's, 7 E's, 2 straws, 1 ruggie, 2 viola's, 2 dogs, to many kids to count and one awesome hubby

Teedeums

Re: 3 new crabs....what will they be???

Post by Teedeums » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Wow, good luck! Even if they aren't blueberries it is always exciting to get new crabbies!
5 PPs; Ghast, Eager, Boomer, Plato, and Indigo
2 Family Dogs; Lilly and Ginger

Have a very crabby day! =D

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Teedeums wrote:Wow, good luck! Even if they aren't blueberries it is always exciting to get new crabbies!
It's beautiful weather here, day 70's night's only in the 50's so decided to order and get them before January when it cools down here. Not sure what I want them to be, really would like more ruggies to go with the one I have, but want more viola's to observe them for a while.....and heck ya I would love blueberries (:
Happy owner of 10 pp's, 7 E's, 2 straws, 1 ruggie, 2 viola's, 2 dogs, to many kids to count and one awesome hubby

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 am

Ohh, the tough choices that every crabber has to face, except me! :hlol:

:worthless:
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:50 am

aussieJJDude wrote:Ohh, the tough choices that every crabber has to face, except me! :hlol:

:worthless:
hope to have them home in a few hours.....still patiently waiting lol....and yes I will do my best to get some nice pics.

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:17 am

Yay! New crabbies and pics are my favorites!
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Ok, have crabs, but on kindle right now, computer messing up and I have to figure out how to post them here. But we have two big violas and a small blueberry....poor guy is missing one or more legs behind BP but he is in with straws and doing good eating. He has 4-5 stitches on Bp, ends of one set of antennas are red...he is small but with flashlight I can see yellow ring around eye. He is in green turbo, very dark blue almost black/blue in color, but pics show him green! Must be the turbo lol

Teedeums

Post by Teedeums » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Yay, congrats! I hope the blueberry turns out ok, I feel so bad for the little guy! And how are the violas doing? I can't wait to see the pics :D
5 PPs; Ghast, Eager, Boomer, Plato, and Indigo
2 Family Dogs; Lilly and Ginger

Have a very crabby day! =D

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Teedeums wrote:Yay, congrats! I hope the blueberry turns out ok, I feel so bad for the little guy! And how are the violas doing? I can't wait to see the pics :D
The violas are doing great, changing shells and eating the heck out of a 10 grain cereal I put in. Little blue is doing good and eating, just so sad that he was in tight quarters with two violas. When I got ruggie he was scared just like blue but once I got them separated from violas they was out acting normal, so thinking violas are aggressive. The new violas are a lot bigger and dark blue......off to watch crabs till he gets the computer fixed....darn thing needs to be replaced but he keeps wanting to try one more thing....I want to shoot it! Lol

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Nope....it isn't blueberry.....after looking at pics of bp it's ruggie....which is great, I needed buddy for my ruggie....so now I have enough crabs, not buying more ....at least going to try hard not too (: still working on computer, will heuristics up tonight.

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Have a few more pics I'll put up later, but first one is viola, 2nd one is really blue color but after looking at BP I'm sure it's a ruggie and not a blueberry.

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Here is another pic

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Ok, last pic....and this old lady knows how to post pics on here now and I did it with a headache....off for the night to enjoy these new crabs.

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Yay! And congrats! I forgot to mention that my two violas are super active and out at all times. One is a little more adventurous than the other but they both are very active!
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

Topic author
dinky

Post by dinky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Sad news.......Put new ruggie in with other ruggie in E's tank......roadrunner my e attached him, freaked me out, had little blue about 10 inches from shell on back.....don't know if blue will make it, he was really going at his abs and blue can hardly keep shell on. Washed abs in salt and fresh water, put him in shell, he did eat some from spoon. Have him on moss and letting him rest til a.m. and we shall see how he does......ruff night....on good note, violas are still pigging out and taking break only to check out new shells, they have more color than little ones and so pretty. Will be sexing all E's as I know who roadrunner likes and who he doesn't.....want to know if it is a male/female issue. Will post in morning as to how blue is doing.