beachcombing

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Brittanybaby22

beachcombing

Post by Brittanybaby22 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 am

Is beachcombing bad for hermit crab I heard people find hermit crabs in shells that they pick up will that hurt them and is beachcombing against the law in some places

MuseCrazy

Re: beachcombing

Post by MuseCrazy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 am

Yes beach combing is bad especially because people already take shells off the beach and clean them to sell so they are already scarce.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:36 am

The only thing I beachcomb is for the sand and some cuttlefish bones! :lol:
Sometimes i might stumble across a shell or too, but mostly i don't take them home unless I know that my crabs will be interested in them, and that there is no "occupants" before taking...
However, wild hermies do need a home to move into, so if given the chance, I would love to give some of my unwanted shells to them just to help - even though it is a little.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

I collect small amounts of sea lettuce and bits of shells (think calcium source, not wearable ones). Definitely check the laws in the area you're looking to collect!