1. What kind of substrate is used in your tank and how deep is it?
One shown above but since cleanings ect it's 6inch depth has went down. I have purchased play sand and Eco Earth loose coconut fiber substrate (not sure how I wanna do that or should n can't right now as I have 2 down)
2. Do you have gauges in the tank to measure temperature and humidity? If so, where are they located and what temperature and humidity do they usually read?
Yes AccuRite that was recommended here, located front n center of tank.
3. Is a heat source used in the tank? If so, what?
Ultratherm 11X6 (I believe) what was recommended here for our 10 gallon, placed on the back left side
4. What types of water are available (fresh or salt) and how is the water treated (what brands of dechlorinator or salt mix and what ratio is used to mix it)?
Zoomed freshwater mixture, I go by the bottle and make a gallon at a time, usually just buy a gallon of distilled water n treat it.
Saltwater I was using ZooMed as well I realized it was not recommended and switching to Instant Ocean (was easily found on Amazon) Unless another is recommended?
Water changed out daily.
5. What kinds of food do you feed and how often is it replaced?
Started with store bought n realized early on they weren't recommended....
I bought foods from HermitCrabPatch: soil diet supplement, bugs n breakfast, surf n turf, a lil' bit of everything and Natural Mineral Supplement (saw it was good for molting crabs and our first n largest one had just molted for 4+ weeks)
Also have tried grapes
Usually leave the HCP foods in there a week and been adding in the fresh stuff and removing it the next morning.
6. How long have you had the crab and what species is it, if known?
All PP's I believe
Crabbie- Aug. 28th
2 others unnamed - Sept. 8th (medium that I showed pic above and very very small one)
7. Has your crab molted, and how long ago did it happen?
Crabbie- 2nd molt now
Smallest one first molt now (as soon as we got the heating issue going)
8. What type of housing are the crabs kept in, what size is it and what kind of lid is on the housing?
10 gallon aquarium with screen lid, use press n seal
9. How many crabs are in the tank and about how large are they?
Crabbie seems medium/large
10. How many extra shells are usually kept in the tank, if any?
There's 4! Definitely need more shells, went yesterday to Hobby Lobby after reading on here this weekend & of course they are closed on Sunday, wasn't thinking so my sister is shell shopping for me today (everyone thinks I'm crab crazy now anyway, especially since I told them I found a forum about all things crab)
11. Have there been any fumes or chemicals near the crabitat recently?
12. How often do you clean the tank and how?
Once a week I try and move things out clean off top layer, smooth things out.
13. Are sponges used in the water dish? If so, how are they cleaned?
14. Has anything new been added to your crabitat recently?
Moss in a soap dish and even some on sub n they crabs love to lay in it, makes for a huge mess. Tried do net but having trouble keeping it stable.
15. Is there any other information you would like to share that might be helpful (anything that is regularly part of your crab care, playtime, bathing, etc.)?
Not that I can think of, I have another 10 gallon I'd love to get set up as a fall back of a ISO but really looking for a 29 gallon I believe....unless any other thoughts on this?
Answered as honest and open as possible! Please be kind
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk