Waiting Patiently....sort of..

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Jemcas29

Waiting Patiently....sort of..

Post by Jemcas29 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Well, I've had our crabs a full week and 1 buried right away and the other is in one of the hide-away holes and never comes out. Makes me a bit sad that I have all this stuff for them and they are still distressing (or decided to molt right away I have NO idea)... So every day I check my temps (80F) and humidity (still 80%) and change the food and water for my tank....sure wish they would come out....some time....any time... I have easily flatten the top of he sand so I could tell if it was disturbed or not which is how I know they haven't come out since I bought them.. :(

LadyJinglyJones

Re: Waiting Patiently....sort of..

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Ugh... the waiting game.

I feel your pain. We all do.
And isn't it so annoying to think of how much food gets wasted? Never mind that it's only tiny amounts.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Crabinski

Re: Waiting Patiently....sort of..

Post by Crabinski » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Welcome to the extensive brotherhood of "pet sand" owners! When visitors constantly ask "Where are your crabs? I thought you had hermit crabs? Why don't I see any crabs?", you just tell them that you now have a tank of "pet sand", very easy to maintain :lol: .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster