Uncovering crab question

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Kelly4779

Uncovering crab question

Post by Kelly4779 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:42 pm

One of my crabs frequently burrows under the food and water dishes, so when I go to clean the dishes or add food, I frequently find him. I don't want to put the dish back on top of him because I worry he may have moved and would be squished. Recommendations of what to do, should I cover him in moss, or just leave him uncovered and let him reburrow? He changes which one he burrows under, not always the same one.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Uncovering crab question

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm

As long as you dont push down the dish, he should be fine with it being placed gently on top. As long as substrate depth is up to par, then just continue to do what your doing...
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Hermiesguardian

Re: Uncovering crab question

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 pm

That's the very reason many of us double the bowls.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi