Crab out of shell

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
sjfrank

Crab out of shell

Post by sjfrank » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:44 pm

I had my smallest crab climb out of shell and was laying in their dechlorinated water is there anything I should do or does this mean my Hermie has died?

Hermiesguardian

Re: Crab out of shell

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:04 pm

sjfrank wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:44 pm
I had my smallest crab climb out of shell and was laying in their dechlorinated water is there anything I should do or does this mean my Hermie has died?
Gently rinse him with dechlorinated freshwater and rinse the shell with dechlor fresh water. Try and gently back him into a shell. A crab put of the shell sometimes indicates conditions aren't right. If you fill put the emergency template we can help with the conditions.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
sjfrank

Post by sjfrank » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 am

Thank you for your feed back. I tried what you said to do but my hermie started to smell so I knew he had died. Sad that I lost my Hermie.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:48 am

sjfrank wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 am
Thank you for your feed back. I tried what you said to do but my hermie started to smell so I knew he had died. Sad that I lost my Hermie.
I'm so sorry.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi