Leaf litter

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
BatmanPrincessBaby

Leaf litter

Post by BatmanPrincessBaby » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Hey all! Just wondering if there is a leaf identifier or something that tells you what’s ok and what’s not and more importantly what it looks like? Maybe I missed it? I don’t have any trees in my yard but I’d like to add some to my tat and really don’t know what I’m looking for.

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Leaf litter

Post by JoeHermits » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 pm

There is no official guide to trees on this forum.

There are trees listed in the safe foods list. To identify them you’ll have to find other resources.

There are hundreds of guides online and in bookstores and libraries. Try looking around to see what you can learn about tree ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

Safe leaves are listed in the 'safe food list', over in the food section! Be sure that there are no pesticides or insecticides used where you collect the leaves from. Personally, I have a mixture of oak, grape, maple, and raspberry that I collected. I plan to add some carrot and beet tops, and rose and lilac leaves in the fall too!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:24 am

Oak and maple leaves are absolute hits with hermits and are easy to identify!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
BatmanPrincessBaby

Post by BatmanPrincessBaby » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 am

Thanks all! I actually found a great app that lets me take a pic and identifies the plant! It’s called PlantSnap if anyone else wants to try! It’s free

StephG72

Post by StephG72 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:54 pm

BatmanPrincessBaby wrote:Thanks all! I actually found a great app that lets me take a pic and identifies the plant! It’s called PlantSnap if anyone else wants to try! It’s free
I also have an app called PlantNet on my iPhone that I use to identify plants/flowers when I photograph them. Super helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk