Molting crab

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Lizs2587

Molting crab

Post by Lizs2587 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:24 am

Hello! I have a crab that has been under (all the way on the bottom- I can see him through the bottom) for a little over a month. I didn't time when he went down exactly but I know it has been a little over a month. I have since changed their tank to a 20 gallon long and left him in the 10g. He was pretty small when he went down. Only about an inch-1.5 inches. I have checked on him a couple times and he flinches a little when I look at him through the bottom of the tank. Do you think he is okay? Is it normal for him to be down this long? I'd love for him to get to his new crab paradise I have set up! ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Molting crab

Post by JoeHermits » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:36 am

Yes, he’s fine.

Hermit crabs will stay underground for months on end. Try to be patient, he’ll come out when he’s ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Lizs2587

Re: Molting crab

Post by Lizs2587 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 am

Okay great! I wasn't sure it I messed him up or anything when I switched the tank over. I had gotten really close before i looked under the tank and found him!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk