Air stones vs emitters

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
Links

Air stones vs emitters

Post by Links » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:27 am

https://youtu.be/a-QouKOGApU

Thought and experiences on emitters vs airstones?

Topic author
Links

Re: Air stones vs emitters

Post by Links » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:25 am

I was thinking the emitters might cause less splash out but I thought maybe someone here had tried them before

Renroc

Post by Renroc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:24 am

Ive just watched the video. It states that it breaks the water up using an electric current. It breaks the water molecules H2O up.... It even states that the Hydrogen is dissapated into the air and the oxygen is multiplied. That means that the molecules left are HO This is why there is double the amount of Oxygen... because it has halved the amount of nitrogen.... This doesn't make sense scientifically and it also doesn't make sense to run an electric current through water that your crabs are going to be swimming in. Water conducts electricity very well.

I would absolutely NOT use an emitter.
Crazy crab lady with 1 male raised in captivity who is now 7 yrs old (Dec 23) and a 2 females I've added from rehoming or adoptions to add to my breeding colony.

Topic author
Links

Post by Links » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Oh my! Thanks Renroc. I guess I didn’t pay attention to the video. I was probably working when i ran across it and got excited to as the question here.

Topic author
Links

Post by Links » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

I just remember seeing it and thinking it would possibly eliminate splash out and thought it was just smaller bubbles.