Should I dig up my molter just in case?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.
Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
Maddamay32
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Should I dig up my molter just in case?

Post by Maddamay32 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:52 pm

The crab on the right is currently molting, his full exo is next to him and he's very pink and soft. The crab on his left I thought was also going to molt as he's been laying down there just as long as the molter but I'm unsure now that he's standing up. It's been a little less than 3 weeks since they both went down. There's maybe 3 inches between them in the picture. Should I isolate the molter right now? Or wait to see if the crab starts digging towards him?Image

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

9 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Sharkboy, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

User avatar

curlysister
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:54 pm
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: Should I dig up my molter just in case?

Post by curlysister » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Personally, I would leave them. Cover the outside of the tank so they have darkness.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

User avatar

Topic author
Maddamay32
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Should I dig up my molter just in case?

Post by Maddamay32 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:08 pm

curlysister wrote:Personally, I would leave them. Cover the outside of the tank so they have darkness.
Thank you so much

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

9 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Sharkboy, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

Post Reply