HUGE lesson learned

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
courtbri

HUGE lesson learned

Post by courtbri » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:03 am

I have 6 crustacean kids. 2 (small PP's) have been down molting for at least 8 weeks. During which time I really needed to do a deep clean. I was sure they had died though had no death smell which I don't put much weight in that smell since I had my only death without stink. Anywho each time I wanted to get in there to really deep clean I just listened to my gut and said not for at least another month. I was too scared of disturbing a molter and I wasn't 100% they had passed. So I waited...and waited. Patience, more patience. This morning I have all 6 up. Had i not had patience, the consequences would have been devastating. NEVER go digging/disturbing until you know for 100% there's not a live molt going on. I'm so relieved.

Crabbing for 2 years-still obsessed! 6 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

cHorse

Re: HUGE lesson learned

Post by cHorse » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Congrats on the molts! That is quite a long time for a small molt, lucky you didn't go digging :)

I've had 1 small/medium down since february, but I doubt that she will surface again... :/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 PP: Paras(♀)
3 Ruggies: Ruby, Donatello (♀), Mogis (♂)
3 Violas: Splinter, Luke, Luna (♂)

Amiller2850

Post by Amiller2850 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:09 pm

My sons jumbo took 3 months to molt! He was getting so worried he even drew a poster about it! Lol! 6 days later there he was! Bigger than ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amiller2850

Post by Amiller2850 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:14 pm

This is the poster he made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Awww! Funny :)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Topic author
courtbri

Post by courtbri » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:21 pm

That is soooo cute.

Crabbing for 2 years-still obsessed! 6 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.