Post molting concern

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
prettycreb

Post molting concern

Post by prettycreb » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:06 am

My PP Wehi just came up after a successful 60 day molt. I was so happy to see her but she was acting very sluggish and quickly reburied herself that evening after eating a little. Do I need to be concerned?

I do have other crabs: one PP slightly larger then Wehi but keeps to herself, Two much smaller PP, and two Ecuadorian crabs slightly smaller than her.

fandt94

Re: Post molting concern

Post by fandt94 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 am

I am not very experienced but I’d say it was normal. They use so much energy during a molt....hopefully someone with more knowledge replies soon but if it was me, I’d make sure calcium and proteins were available....I’d also give some organic honey (regular if u don’t have it right now) in a little dish or shell to boost energy. Congrats on the successful molt!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed