Hermie up from first molt

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
BettaCrew

Post by BettaCrew » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:24 am

Big guy is up! What do I do next? I know I have to bathe him or her in fresh water. Do I understand that correctly? Is it safe to keep him or her in the big tank (250gal)? I don't have another tank set up at this time.

Hermiesguardian

Re: Hermie up from first molt

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 am

BettaCrew wrote:Big guy is up! What do I do next? I know I have to bathe him or her in fresh water. Do I understand that correctly? Is it safe to keep him or her in the big tank (250gal)? I don't have another tank set up at this time.
Give her plenty of calcium, honey and protein. I don't think you have to bathe her. But you can keep her in the main tank.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 am

You only have to dip when your reintroducing them into a new tank with other hermie’s in there. You probably could if you wanted to but they should be ok. Congrats on successful molt.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

Jamison

Post by Jamison » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:46 am

Congrats
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am

As stated, leave her in the main tank and don't bathe her. I have had my two crabs for 8+ years, and have never done anything different before/ during/ after a molt.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers