Puddles not coming out?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
nonamelikethis

Puddles not coming out?

Post by nonamelikethis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:09 am

I can see puddles under my tank, but she still has yet to come out? I know shes not coming out to eat or drink because I smoothed the sand on top to see if I could see her tracks... She's in her shell underground just chilling and there is no longer any exoskeleton for her to eat... Im kind of worriwd for her. Is she just hardening her skin or what?

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

I love my pets. (Hank, my dog. Cookie, my cat, Fishy, my only fish left :(, and now 2 purple pincher hermit crabs, Bubbles and Puddles)

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Puddles not coming out?

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:50 am

She is just chilling there and like you said, allowing further time for her exo to harden. I wouldn't worry, its rather normal IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

crabby33

Re: Puddles not coming out?

Post by crabby33 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah, I agree. It’s normal for crabs to chill after a molt. But don’t dig her up. I have a crab that just molted this past Sunday, but he’s not ready to be back on the surface.