Good News!!!!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Good News!!!!

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Crusty has a few inches of substrate left to dig and he will be back to the surface after a 1 1/2 month molt!!! :clap: :cloud9:. I've missed him so much , still waiting for Scuttle to be back to the surface. Hopefully I will be able to see Crusty re-surface from the sand. This has been my first experience with the molting process so I'm very excited!!! :banana: He was all the way at the bottom of the tank so I saw him a little bit throughout his molt but not much. Now he has a little window about 2 cm. from the surface and I can't wait to see him again!!! :banana: :clap: :cloud9:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

RiNiKy506

Re: Good News!!!!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm

So awesome! Congrats on successful molt!

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:37 am

This morning I found his old shell on top of his hole, and he is now in a BEAUTIFUL green turbo shell!!! :clap: He's still deciding if he wants it or a conch shell but he seems happy and healthy :molted::. I will pick him up and observe him as soon as I can but I don't want to stress him in his first few days back up. :cheer:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm
So awesome! Congrats on successful molt!
Thank you so much!!! :cloud9: I'm so glad he did well.