Empty shell?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Empty shell?

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 am

This morning when I went to mist my crab tank I found the shell of my 2nd crab Scuttle on the surface. It was empty (as was Crusty's shell when he came up.) There are a lot of good hiding places in my tank that he could be in....but I was wondering, if Crusty dug him up and ate him overnight wouldn't there be claws and legs everywhere? Crusty is digging this morning and appears to be innocent lol, I don't think he is the culprit but I just wanted as you guys/gals what you think.

P.S. I didn't go to deep into looking for Scuttle becasue I didn't want to cause any stress to him if he's just playing hide&seek. :lol:

P.P.S I smelled inside his old shell and it didn't smell rotten or foul.

:crabblush: :crabbigsmile:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Jamison

Re: Empty shell?

Post by Jamison » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:29 pm

I wouldn't worry. He probably just changed
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 am

maybe he just went REALLY deep in the shell?
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:16 pm

I found him the night after I made this post!!! :banana: He had changed into a beautiful green turbo shell, and now both Crusty and Scuttle are as naughty and silly as ever :hlol: . Congrats to me on a group of good molts!!! :cheer:

:crabblush: :crabbigsmile:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Thu May 02, 2019 10:53 am

yay!
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!