Up to eat during molting? Normal?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Ralmeida

Up to eat during molting? Normal?

Post by Ralmeida » Fri May 03, 2019 6:53 am

Hi, Spider-Man was molting for a month and then came up last night and ate food, coconut oil and cuttlebone for about two hours then went back under in a more secluded place. Is that normal? He seemed strong and quite active. Thanks!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Up to eat during molting? Normal?

Post by wodesorel » Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am

Yeah, very normal! Hes finished molting, but some will choose to recharge on food and then veg out again for a while. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 am

My 2 PP's both did the same thing. After molting they ate, then went right back under. (You'd think they'd be tired of being under the subtrate :hlol: ) Btw, does your crab have really sharp legs now? I know that is supposed to be normal, but my goodness they feel like little knives :lol:

:molted::
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Topic author
Ralmeida

Post by Ralmeida » Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am

wodesorel wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am
Yeah, very normal! Hes finished molting, but some will choose to recharge on food and then veg out again for a while. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks.
Thanks! Good to know!

Topic author
Ralmeida

Post by Ralmeida » Fri May 03, 2019 10:50 am

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 am
My 2 PP's both did the same thing. After molting they ate, then went right back under. (You'd think they'd be tired of being under the subtrate :hlol: ) Btw, does your crab have really sharp legs now? I know that is supposed to be normal, but my goodness they feel like little knives :lol:

:molted::
Ha! I don't really handle them so not sure about the little knife legs :lol: He didn't give me much time to check in him in person, I just saw it on the camera. :D