Quick question.

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
GRMU99

Quick question.

Post by GRMU99 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Last week i accidentally uncover on me of my molted crabs while changing the water dishes. So, i carefully moved him to the moss pit thinking that one of my other crabs would not bother him. So, the next day one of my other crabs found the freshly motled crab there. So, i did a quick thinking and had set up a one of my big critter tanks ( the ones you get on the boardwalk) as a temp right now. (I know its not the best thing for a iso but, what i can quickly setup). I do have a 10gl sitting on the floor under the crab tank but, that holds all the crab decorations right now. Anyway when is a good time to move him back in the main tank?? He does move do burrow in the substrate. I had a flat shell with some food but, i had to change it since he got the substrate all in it. When i check on him today he was still little pink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

C_fiesta

Re: Quick question.

Post by C_fiesta » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:01 pm

When he is active and has more color.

Give him healing foods like honey, calcium, and protein. Don't forget fresh and salt water, too.

Do you have some moss you could throw in his ISO so he doesn't feel so exposed instead of substrate?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare