Released our little buddy from ISO today

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
C_fiesta

Released our little buddy from ISO today

Post by C_fiesta » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Three cheers for this not-so-little little buddy who I am saying made it through his post - molt processing!

We moved and had to dig up our buried crabs. This guy was pretty pale and lethargic so I isolated him. He finished off his big claw a couple days ago and more and more color has returned to him.

Today he was like "let me out or I'll kill you" Image notice the open claw? It was time.

Celebrate with me. Image Also, here are the pictures for curious minds in order from first discovering him and then today when I released him.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

Hermiesguardian

Re: Released our little buddy from ISO today

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:34 pm

C_fiesta wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm
Three cheers for this not-so-little little buddy who I am saying made it through his post - molt processing!

We moved and had to dig up our buried crabs. This guy was pretty pale and lethargic so I isolated him. He finished off his big claw a couple days ago and more and more color has returned to him.

Today he was like "let me out or I'll kill you" Image notice the open claw? It was time.

Celebrate with me. Image Also, here are the pictures for curious minds in order from first discovering him and then today when I released him.

ImageImageImage

:cheer: yay!! He's beautiful!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:30 am

He is beautiful! Good job little buddy!

Topic author
C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:18 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:He is beautiful! Image Good job little buddy! Image
Thanks! I love his coloring, it came in quite nicely!

Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 am

C_fiesta wrote:Thanks! I love his coloring, it came in quite nicely!

Yes it sure did! His colors are absolutely beautiful! Image