All my crabbies molted at the same time!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Misombra

Post by Misombra » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 pm

I got 3 little ones and all three decided to be samesies and go under. My littlest one, Freddie, took about 2 weeks to join the others but he did his thing. It was a lonely few weeks without seeing my little ones until a few days ago Scooby submerged, and tonight all of them are out and about. Freddie had a leg that was half missing ( didnt noticed when I got him) and I checked him tonight and it is perfect now. I am seriously so excited and happy that they did so good and are healthy. :banana:

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: All my crabbies molted at the same time!

Post by curlysister » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:49 pm

Nice! Both Sonny and Cher are under right now, which honestly has happened only a few times over the years!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Misombra

Post by Misombra » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 am

curlysister wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:49 pm
Nice! Both Sonny and Cher are under right now, which honestly has happened only a few times over the years!
I'm wondering if this was a first and only time or if they would follow suit each time.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:23 am

Misombra wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 am
I'm wondering if this was a first and only time or if they would follow suit each time.
You never know. They all grow at different rates.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Congratulations on successful molts with leg regen. It’s so exciting when you see they’ve grown a leg back that was missing. I had bought a tiny little guy bc he was missing part of his leg and it grew back on his first molt with me. So cool!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Sonny came up from his molt yesterday. I kept track this time, he went under on May long weekend. For such a big guy, he doesn't stay under for as long as Cher does. She went down the first week of July, so I don't expect her back up until October!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers