Success!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
CrabberWill

Success!

Post by CrabberWill » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 pm

If you were around for my first posts here last month, you might remember that on August 18th, I got a second crab as a pal for my first, who had been a loner for better than a year and a half. On August 24th, the new guy buried himself for his first molt under my care. Last night (September 22 as I write this), I heard some noise from the 'tat and saw that he made it through the molt and was topside again! (Those first molts are edge-of-your-seat affairs, aren't they?)

The coolest thing was that he came up in exactly the right spot and at exactly the right angle for me to look in and see the little pocket that he made down there. I knew that that's what they did, but actually seeing one was pretty cool. They're neat critters for sure.

Anyway, I don't have any questions or concerns this time around; I just wanted to share the positive news. :crabbigsmile:

Hermiesguardian

Re: Success!

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:28 am

Yay!!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:23 am

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:03 am

Congrats on a good molt!!! The first ones are always so nerve wracking! :shock: :lol:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"