Where can I get large hermit crab shells?

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Rubylovespd

Where can I get large hermit crab shells?

Post by Rubylovespd » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:33 am

I have two large hermit crabs that love their turbo shells. They have been in them for a long time and one of them never goes into his shell. He doesn’t fit. I’ve had such a hard time finding a big enough shell that isn’t $15+. I bought very expensive shells with a 2 inch opening and they were way too big and I can’t return:(. Their current shells have 1 1/4 inch openings. Does anyone have an “underground” seller they buy their shells from who might have a deal on turbos that have a 1 1/2 inch opening? Thanks to anyone for helping me out :) Also I’m not a cheap person, I want the best for them but I’m on a budget because I’m 15 and don’t want my parents to have to pay for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUDE

Re: Where can I get large hermit crab shells?

Post by DUDE » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:43 am

Even though I don't live in the states, I heard Naples seashell company and etsy (theshellstore etc.) are great places to buy shells!

Topic author
Rubylovespd

Post by Rubylovespd » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:55 pm

DUDE wrote:Even though I don't live in the states, I heard Naples seashell company and etsy (theshellstore etc.) are great places to buy shells!
I tried Naples and their prices are weird like a 1 inch shell is $3 and a 1 1/2 inch is $15 it must be because they’re more rare and such but it’s definitely frustrating! I’ll try Etsy, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabadoo2

Post by Crabadoo2 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm

Some shells are harder to find and in higher demand than other cos of looks, overall rarity etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Did you check all of the shops on this link? viewtopic.php?f=122&t=119315
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com