Shell searching.....

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
CrabsterBecks

Shell searching.....

Post by CrabsterBecks » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello fellow crab parents.

I am new to the crab world and am learning new things everyday. One question I do have though that has been pressing on my mind. I have four very small (1ish inch) PP's (I believe) and three of the four are molting atm. I have purchased several shells, but at the pet store I rescued them from, the shells were all too small and in very short supply (most were painted, which I veered away from). Basically the question is this: where can I get good turbo shells that will be a variety of sizes? I appreciate all the info I can get.
Thanks!
Full~Time Mother of Four Beautiful PP's and incredibly blessed to have them as well as a German Shepherd and his bunny buddy!

Hermiesguardian

Re: Shell searching.....

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 pm

CrabsterBecks wrote:Hello fellow crab parents.

I am new to the crab world and am learning new things everyday. One question I do have though that has been pressing on my mind. I have four very small (1ish inch) PP's (I believe) and three of the four are molting atm. I have purchased several shells, but at the pet store I rescued them from, the shells were all too small and in very short supply (most were painted, which I veered away from). Basically the question is this: where can I get good turbo shells that will be a variety of sizes? I appreciate all the info I can get.
Thanks!

Welcome! You can check on ebay or etsy. There is a link on the left of this page for places to purchase items.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
CrabsterBecks

Post by CrabsterBecks » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Wonderful! Thank you! I haven't even thought about checking eBay. :D
Full~Time Mother of Four Beautiful PP's and incredibly blessed to have them as well as a German Shepherd and his bunny buddy!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

CrabsterBecks wrote:Wonderful! Thank you! I haven't even thought about checking eBay. :D
You're welcome!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 pm

I live where there are no stores where I can shop for sells. I have had really good luck ordering from Naples Sea Shells.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

leah610

Post by leah610 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:27 am

I had a lot of success with the variety of turbos (that are smaller in size) from Naples as well. I got my larger turbos from Etsy. You can also get lucky with some shells sold in craft stores. Usually they're sold in bunches containing decorative shells with a few acceptable turbos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk