Best place to buy shells?

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Best place to buy shells?

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 am

I need to purchase some more shells for my 2 hermit crabs. Right now they both wear 1 inch (opening) shells and I need to buy some that are a bit bigger. What are the best places to buy good shells at a low cost (including shipping), and what sizes do you think I should buy? I'm still relatively new to this part of owning crabs and I don't want to screw it up!

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

RiNiKy506

Re: Best place to buy shells?

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:50 am

I had a card from Ken Lipe, he has amazing choice of shells and the best prices. I think @Xenocrab has the same card, if she sees this maybe she can insert a picture of the card. Or if you go on eBay his username is mirrormaker. Just send him a message of what sizes you need and he can help you.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:52 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:I had a card from Ken Lipe, he has amazing choice of shells and the best prices. I think @Xenocrab has the same card, if she sees this maybe she can insert a picture of the card. Or if you go on eBay his username is mirrormaker. Just send him a message of what sizes you need and he can help you.
Ok thank you!!!ImageImage

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:33 am

I have ordered from Naples Sea Shells.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 am

curlysister wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:33 am
I have ordered from Naples Sea Shells.
Do you know if they ever have free shipping, or how much you have to spend to get free shipping?

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am

I live in Canada, so pretty much nowhere ships free to us. Sigh.
I looked at Richard's Sea Shells, but my head was going to explode with his sizing, LOL.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:41 am

:hlol:

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:06 pm

I've ordered from Naples too. I haven't seen anything for free shipping, but the shells I got are totally worth it. I got 8 small and 8 large shells. They were beautiful. My crab Beau has been in the same shell for years, but when I put the new turbos in his tank, he changed into 3 of them within a day (and he's still in one of them).
I attached a pic of my order receipt. ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav