Random 12am thoughts

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Zanthalia

Random 12am thoughts

Post by Zanthalia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:15 am

Have any of you noticed your hermies acting a certain way when fed certain things?

For example, my three babies go cocoa bananas when I give them chicken bones. The tank is totally dug up the next day. New holes everywhere. Shells dragged all over the place. Poo in the second story where I would swear they hardly ever go. Something about chicken marrow is like red bull to them. We just bake it in the oven and eat most of the meat, then I break the leftovers open with my hands. Nothing super fancy.

They'll tear up their other food and leave it all over the "kitchen" area for me to clean up, but they don't seem to get the high from it. Except the lamb bone the one time we had that. All three sat on that like it was their new lounger, picking at it with their tiny claws like they were starved then spent hours taking turns on their wheel and doing laps around the tank.

Disclaimer: They don't seem to care for veggies, but I'm a Mom and Moms know their kids must have a balanced diet.

The possibly bad mommy in me wants to know what else I can give them to make them feel as good as on bone night. Image Or am I imagining the whole thing and it's just a weird coincidence?

Bonus picture because she was too cute to not take a picture of! Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Links

Re: Random 12am thoughts

Post by Links » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 pm

I give mine chicken bones and meat once in a while as well but haven’t noticed any dirfferent behavior. It seems random to me when mine get more active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Zanthalia

Post by Zanthalia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:29 pm

That's fair! It might well be random and I'm drawing lines between dots that aren't there. lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Links

Post by Links » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 pm

The first time I added it, did seem to spark some activity. But can’t really figure it out. Sometimes they move stuff around and sometimes it looks like they haven’t moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk