Red Lobster leftovers! Yum!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
hermieluv1

Red Lobster leftovers! Yum!

Post by hermieluv1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:33 am

The crabby gang got a real treat last night....leftover crab leg pieces (exo and all) from our Red Lobster lunch.
Recently molted Festus wasted no time getting to the feast, and by 1 am, it was picked clean.

hermitcrab24

Re: Red Lobster leftovers! Yum!

Post by hermitcrab24 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:41 am

Must be nice to have crabs eat what you give them :wink: My crabs are so picky!! :wink:

Topic author
hermieluv1

Post by hermieluv1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:13 pm

They don't always, trust me! I just get lucky a lot.

MeganM

Post by MeganM » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:16 pm

hermitcrab24 wrote:Must be nice to have crabs eat what you give them :wink: My crabs are so picky!! :wink:
Right!
I have set out a lot of different choices for my hermies! And they ignore it to eat the 'factory stuff'... I keep that in there as a choice because I am worried if I take it out they wont eat at all!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:42 pm

The last time we had Red Lobster was soon after I got into crabbing, so maybe five years ago? I went through all the trouble - and the really strange looks from my family and the waiter, and my husband laughing at me - to bring them home some crab legs thinking they would go nuts for them.

No.

No.

THEY NEVER TOUCHED THEM.

Glad someone has hermits that do exactly what's expected of them!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Mine never eat what I expect them to. Like just now..I set out a buffet of delicious foods, including honey and peanut butter, and Gregor is sitting in the corner happily picking through sand and eating who knows what. I have a feeling if I went out of my way to bring home delicious leftovers, they wouldn't touch it.
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

rml6f4

Post by rml6f4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:48 pm

My biggest crab has been on the moss pit diet since I got him despite offering a wide variety of foods. Guess he's trying to watch his figure.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:05 pm

The seafood guy at Sprouts gives me a couple of free raw shrimp for mine AND THEY NEVER EAT THEM!!! Lol

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:06 am

LOL at your 'alternative diet' crabs. In the beginning my crabs never touched the food I fed them either. They were perfectly content eating bits of mopani and MOLDED WOOD. I thought they were going to die. Apparently, crabs can snack on mold sometimes.....

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:23 am

Lol I bring home raw oysters every time I go to this buffet, the hermits go crazy for them!

Topic author
hermieluv1

Post by hermieluv1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Mine never touched fresh shrimp I bought for them, but boy they loved the crab legs!

I spent 15 minutes with the menu deciding, not what I wanted, but what my crabs might eat!
No "doggie" bag...crabby bag!

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:00 pm

soilentgringa wrote:The seafood guy at Sprouts gives me a couple of free raw shrimp for mine AND THEY NEVER EAT THEM!!! Lol
Ditto! Sprouts is having a sale on shrimp so I'm picking up some for myself and will offer them cooked shrimp. Maybe they'll like that but the freeze-dried shrimp is always welcome.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Breeezy

Post by Breeezy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:59 pm

I never thought of feeding them crab teehee! "NOT MY LONG LOST COUSIN!!!"
I'll have to grab some more seafood and try it out. I've just done frozen brine shrimp and salmon once before.
4 Purple Pinchers (Hodor, Spree, Rosie, Leonardo, and Lucy), 1 Strawberry (Denver), 4 Ecuadorians (Dexter, Leeloo, Ghost, and Dr. Zoidberg)
1 Pembroke Welsh Corgi (Thorin)

Topic author
hermieluv1

Post by hermieluv1 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Yeah, I felt kinda bad at first, feeding them crab, but they didn't think TWICE! Guess when it comes to food, all bets are off!