Organic pellet food?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Starview66

Organic pellet food?

Post by Starview66 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Does anyone know of any organic pellet food or organic food that you can buy that includes all of the hermit crabs dietary needs? I will not feed Amy that contains chemicals and preservatives.
I feed all organic homemade mixtures but sometimes it's hard with a busy schedule and I want to make sure they are getting all the nutrients they need. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daws409

Re: Organic pellet food?

Post by daws409 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:55 pm

I don't have time to prepare their foods since I'm a stay at home mom of 3. I get their main diets from happy hermit supply on etsy. I do sometimes supplement with chicken, beef, carrots, sweet potatoes, or whatever else is on hand. I always have calcium, moss, wood & oak leaf litter available for them.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:23 pm

I second daws409. We have ordered from Crabotanicals, The Hermit Crab Patch, Hermies Kitchen and Claw of the Wild. I also freeze scrap foods from cooking meals and keep them in a freezer safe container or ziplock bag. Also, I have used organic baby food (no water in ingredients either).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:15 pm

You could make your own, using dried fruit, veggies, meat and such?
Like something:
- dried shrimp (used for fish/turtles)
- dried fruit (diced)
- nuts/seeds

Mixed together, and then store in a cool, dry place? That way, if your crabs prefer more of the meats, you can make a mixture suitable to their likes?
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:33 am

i usually make a fresh mix that will last a few days (two or three). as ive been busy ive made some tuppies that are dry mixes or things that wont go bad dry. i made like three so im never feeding the same thing back to back.

also i have a dehydrated omnivore mix thats a perfect mix minus grain. which they dont need all the time.