Baked goods for hermit crabs?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Baked goods for hermit crabs?

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:52 am

I saw a bird muffin posted on a parrot forum and was wondering what u guys thought about it as an occasional hermit crab dinner. I didn't check off every single item in it against the safe list as this is more of a hypothetical at this point, since Im Planning on getting a parrot sometime within the next 6 months and it occurred to me I might be able to toss some of this muffin in for the crabs occasionally. There's nothing in here except nuts, seed, veggies and fruits. Pretty nice mix of foods, u could freeze em and then thaw em out and feed as needed (of course w some chitin on the side for the hermies!).

http://www.parrotforums.com/showthread.php?t=63942

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Baked goods for hermit crabs?

Post by wodesorel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Looks good! Try to aim for organic for the crabs (and parrot!), as everything listed is available with a little hunting.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Sillysheep

Re: Baked goods for hermit crabs?

Post by Sillysheep » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:10 pm

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:I saw a bird muffin posted on a parrot forum and was wondering what u guys thought about it as an occasional hermit crab dinner. I didn't check off every single item in it against the safe list as this is more of a hypothetical at this point, since Im Planning on getting a parrot sometime within the next 6 months and it occurred to me I might be able to toss some of this muffin in for the crabs occasionally. There's nothing in here except nuts, seed, veggies and fruits. Pretty nice mix of foods, u could freeze em and then thaw em out and feed as needed (of course w some chitin on the side for the hermies!).

http://www.parrotforums.com/showthread.php?t=63942
Hi Ms. Rosie. This sounds exciting. I hear and read lots of those cookies and such. What a great idea!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk