Celebrationand a question

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Crabby Fritos

Celebrationand a question

Post by Crabby Fritos » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 am

:clap: YAY. I finally got some Marine salt water salt! Starting this weekend, the crabs will be getting MSW instead of conditioned water.

Niw, how do you use Cuttlebone? I went all out and bought some of the Saltwater salt, a huge bag of EE and some Cuttlebone but am unsure how to mix it in with food. They eat dried shrimp, apples, carrots, occasionally honey, and hard boiled egg. How can I combine these with cuttlebone. Thanks in advance! 😊

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Celebrationand a question

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:36 am

Just add the cuttlebone to the tank, the crabs will snack on it just fine without hesitation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:09 am

Any way you want to give them cuttle bone works. I have broken it into smaller chunks and added it to a dish. I put chunks into a coffee grinder and turned it into powder and mixed it with egg shells. I also put them in whole. As long as they have access to it in the tank they will figure out what to do.

On a side note I do have some picky crabs with certain foods. They don't touch dried or raw broccoli but will eat it cooked. You may want to experiment several ways and see if your crabs have any preference if you do not notice any activity with it. For being natural scavengers they can be very picky with food!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Crabby Fritos

Post by Crabby Fritos » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:23 am

:lol: So true! I have tried to give them, cucmber, and other types of apples. But NOPE they leave them all alone! Thank you so much for the feedback :o