Heath Food Store Deals!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Motörcrab

Heath Food Store Deals!

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:36 pm

We made a trip to a local health food store today and picked up some great crab food items! They are all organic too. They were all in the bulk herb area and you need to scoop out what you want into baggies. The amount you get is unbelievable compared to purchasing packs from online stores! They had several other crab safe items but we didn't really much more.

Here is the breakdown of price for what is in the picture.
Calendula Flowers $0.60
Rosebuds and pink petals $2.39
Hibiscus Flowers $0.76
German Chamomile Flowers $0.81
Dandelion Leaf $0.44
Myrrh Gum Powder $1.35
Marshmallow Root $1.15
Organic Raw Honey 8oz. $4.79

Not a bad haul for under $12.50

The chamomile, myrrh, and marshmallow Root are for a medicinal bath recipe I saw on another site.

As always be sure to check the food list guidelines to be sure you are getting safe foods.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

RiNiKy506

Heath Food Store Deals!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Xenocrab gave me the suggestion to check out a local organics store in my “crab safe?” thread, I’m going to look into it more. Definitely sounds like a great selection and cheaper prices, I hope we have something like that here.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Who♡Fearless♡Crimson♡LittleBit

Topic author
Motörcrab

Re: Heath Food Store Deals!

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:57 am

We we're both surprised at what we found. The first Heath food store we stopped at didn't have and loose herbs. The second store had at least 50-75 different loose herbs. Not all were safe so you need to know what you are getting so you don't feed them unsafe foods. It may be a good idea to see call some local stores first to see what they have first.

Overmountain1

Heath Food Store Deals!

Post by Overmountain1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 am

Man I wish we had something like that around here but we don’t even have a Whole Foods- nothing. Just small mom and pop stores that sell a handful of very overpriced items and Amish stores (that aren’t owned by Amish lol!) You’re so fortunate to have a place like that!
Hey maybe you could start a (not quite a full on) business...but could get more than you need, and offer the extra for at least enough to pay for your own!Just a thought since some people (like me ) don’t have that kind of option, which, btw, is so very awesome! I wonder how long it’ll take my remote rural area to have a place that does that and/or someplace that is like a Whole Foods or full organic store. Probably in another 20 years... we’ve always said everyone in my town lives in a bubble that runs 20 years behind the rest of the world! Even the current fashions don’t start being sold around here until a year later and we have to drive hours to someplace like Asheville just to find things that are even remotely new! Anyway. Sorry for the tangent rant. I love my small town for so many reasons but these are definitely reasons that always go in the negative column! But it wouldn’t be the small town it is otherwise so, you know, it is what it is!!
To wrap all that up- thank you for sharing. The next time we are on a trip I will make my husband stop at a couple of those types of places and maybe be able to grab some awesome stuff!

Dave the Wondercrab~Patpat the Scaredy Cat~MaggieMoo~Billy~Lil Monster~Ten~and Thing2?

Topic author
Motörcrab

Re: Heath Food Store Deals!

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:59 am

We live in a rural area as well. I believe our nearest Whole Foods is 70 miles away. We also have a ton of Amish and their stores too. Two horse and buggies actually went past in the last 30 minutes. The store we went to was about 30 minutes away in another town.

We joking talked about starting a crab food store a few weeks back actually. We came to the conclusion that we are a too active doing other things in our free time to be reliable with getting orders out. We would hate to be sitting on orders for a few weeks before sending them out. Plus there are already a bunch of well established stores to compete with. I'm sure they all buy in bulk use some and sell the rest.

Amazon has ton of bulk organics they sell. To get a pound would take years to go through. Selling an ounce or two you would definitely be able to go through it quicker.

Starwest Botanicals Organic Calendula Flowers Whole, 1 Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016AZGM0/re ... LCbA2544B9

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk